During February you will see us popping up at venues across the city to offer a ‘one stop shop’ where you can get information, guidance and support to help you stay healthy.
Council officers will be joined by partners who can advise you on:
- bringing down your household bills
- improving your home’s energy efficiency (with free energy saving products available such as rechargeable lightbulbs, draught excluders, chimney balloons and radiator reflector panels)
- checking you’re receiving all the benefits and discounts you’re entitled to
- managing any worries you have about debts
- ensuring you can access food vouchers if you need them
- looking after your physical and mental wellbeing
We expect to have representatives from Anglian Water, Cambridge Sustainable Food, Citizens Advice, Peterborough Environment City Trust, Wintercomfort and many others.
With our thanks to partners at local community venues who are enabling us to use their facilities.
- Wednesday 22 February, 2pm to 4pm at St Andrews Church, Cherry Hinton, CB1 9LN
- Tuesday 28 February, 9.30am to 12.30pm at Church of the Good Shepherd, Arbury, CB4 2ET
Organisations attending events
Please note that not all organisations will attend every session. Check local information about what’s happening in your area.
- Cambridge CAB: Energy advice/general cost of living help/money advice
- PECT: Energy saving advice; appointments for more in-depth cases
- Cambridge Water: Assure tariff, Charitable trust, Priority Services Register and Watersure scheme
- CCC Financial Inclusion: Benefits, rent/budgeting and council tax advice
- Cambridgeshire County Council community protection team: Information and advice around scams
- Wood green animal shelter: Advice, leaflets, signposting, referrals. Home-made enrichment and how to save money looking after your pet
- Cambs Home Improvement Agency: Home Owner Repairs Grants and Disabled Facilities Grants
- Healthy You: Advice on keeping healthy