Our customer service team is trained to help with a wide range of enquiries, serving customers face-to-face, by telephone and online.
Our customer service centre is open at the following times:
- Monday: 8am to 5.15pm
- Tuesday: 9am to 5.15pm
- Wednesday: 9am to 5.15pm
- Thursday: 9am to 5.15pm
- Friday: 9am to 5.15pm (**Note our cash office closes at 4pm on Friday's - payments can be made via the kiosks in the centre until 5.15pm)
Payments at our service centre: The cash office is open at the times given above, or you can make a payment at one of our kiosks. Alternatively, we accept some payments via our online payment portal.
The emergency repair service is available from 8am every weekday.
Please note that we are closed for public holidays.
- Outside of office hours, and on public holidays, emergency calls, including noise complaints should be made to 0300 3038389
The quickest way to contact us is via our website or our social media channels. Otherwise if your enquiry is not urgent, please send us an email (we will try to respond to emails within four hours - during our opening hours).
To contact us:
- Complete our general enquiries form
- Post enquiry via Facebook or Twitter
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone by department:
- Benefits: 01223 457775
- Council Tax: 01223 457790
- Electoral Services: 01223 457048
- Environmental Services: 01223 457900 (including noise complaints, stray dogs and food safety)
- Homelink: 01223 457917
- Housing Advice: 01223 457918
- Housing Management: 01223 457070 (including housing rents)
- Housing Repairs: 01223 457060
- Licensing: 01223 457890
- Planning: 01223 457200
- Taxi Licensing: 01223 457888
- Waste and Streets: 01223 458282 (including bins, recycling, litter and graffiti)
- All other services: 01223 457000
- To use Text Relay, dial 18001 before the telephone number
- Visit us at Mandela House, 4 Regent Street, Cambridge CB2 1BY
- Or write to
(Department or service team, if known)
Cambridge City Council
PO Box 700
Cambridge CB1 0JH
Appointments for council tax and housing benefit queries
We operate an appointment-only service in the afternoons for customers with council tax or housing benefit queries.
Appointments start at 1pm and can be booked in advance by emailing email@example.com or by telephone on the numbers shown above.