If you have a question about one of our services, you will hopefully find the answer in the relevant section of the site - we have added some quick links to our most popular services below.
If you can't find what you are looking for, or want to discuss something with us, you will find appropriate contact details on the relevant page.
- Bins, rubbish and recycling
- Council tax
- Dog related issues
- Elections and voting
- Food safety
- Housing advice
- Housing rent
- Housing repairs
- Licences and permits including taxi licensing
- Pay (for council tax, invoices, rent, training, service charges, green bin and fixed penalty notices)
- Pest control
- Planning - planning applications or planning policy (LDF)
- Pollution and noise nuisance
- Graffiti, litter, issues on streets, parks and open spaces
If you can't find it online
Complete an enquiry form:
- Benefits enquiry
- Bins, rubbish and recycling:Report a missed bin or Request a new or smaller bin or Pay for an extra green bin
- Council tax enquiry
- Environmental Health enquiry (food safety, noise complaints, pest control)
- General enquiry
- Housing (general enquiries)
- Housing (repairs)
- Licensing enquiry
- Planning enquiry
After you submit the form, you'll get a reference number (and an automated email if you've given us your email address).
We'll respond fully to your enquiry as soon as possible.
In emergencies (outside office hours)
Outside of office hours and public holidays: emergency calls, including noise complaints: 0300 303 8389
To use Text Relay, dial 18001 before the telephone number
- Telephone: Monday 8am to 5.15pm. Tuesday - Friday: 9am to 5.15pm
- Visit us: Monday - Friday 9am - 5.15pm
Please note: From Tuesday 2nd January 2018 our cash office will be open between 10.00am - 4.00pm Monday to Friday – payments can be made at the kiosks between 9.00am - 10.00am and 4.00pm - 5.15pm.
Compliments, complaints and suggestions
It's always nice to know when we get things right, but we also want to know when we get things wrong. Please tell us if you have something to say about any of our services.
Payments at our customer service centre
The cash office is open at the times given above, or you can make a payment at one of our kiosks. Alternatively, we accept some payments via our online payment portal.
The emergency repair service is available from 8am every weekday.
We are closed for public holidays.
Appointments for benefit (council tax and housing) queries
From 1pm, Monday to Friday, you can make an appointment to speak to one of our advisors about a benefit issue or query.
Appointments must be booked in advance.
Appointments with planning, environmental health, licensing and market management officers
- Appointments are available from 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
- Contact details and further information are available in the relevant section of the website
Contact us on social media
Write to us
(Department or service team, if known)
Cambridge City Council
PO Box 700
Cambridge CB1 0JH