The Sir Arthur Marshall Future Champions programme provides grant aid to young athletes who compete at county or regional level.
The programme is open to all athletes aged 11 to 25 to support their sporting talent. Priority is given to Olympic and Paralympic sports.
The programme is supported by the Marshall of Cambridge Trust in memory of Sir Arthur Marshall, with grants being awarded for between £50 and £250.
In September 2019, 24 young people received a funding award at a ceremony hosted at Cambridge Airport.
The application window for the 2021 programme is closed, and we have contacted the applicants.
Previous applicants have been required to show significant progress in their chosen sport to be considered for a grant.
Applicants must live in Cambridge or South Cambridgeshire and provide or demonstrate:
- evidence of performance at county or regional level
- a history of sporting achievements
- a testimonial from a national governing body
- plans for how the grant award would be spent
- evidence that the majority of their sport is played in Cambridge