Some great offers on membership and fitness classes are available at all the individual centres. For more information check the Better website.
General swim admission prices
|Swimmer||Non-member||Pay-and-play member||Pay-and-play student||Pay-and-play concession|
For discounted ‘pay and play’ member prices, read information below.
Discounted swimming 'pay and play' cards
Pay and play cards (which replaced the Leisurecard scheme) can be purchased at Parkside Pools, Abbey Pools, Cherry Hinton Village Centre, King's Hedges Learner Pool and (when open) Jesus Green.
The cards are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Proof of address and any benefit entitlement must be shown when purchasing your card.
Pay and play standard cards give up to 30% discount on normal admission prices. They cost £10 per adult and £5 per junior for Cambridge residents, and £30 per adult and £15 per child for non-residents.
Pay and play concession cards give up to 50% off normal admission prices. They are available to people who receive benefits or are aged 60 and over. The card costs £5 for adults and £2.50 for children, and can give up to 50% off normal admission prices.
Applicable benefits include income-based job seeker's allowance (JSA), employment and support allowance (ESA), council tax benefits, disability living or working allowance and pensions tax credit.
Pay and play student cards give up to 35% discount to full time students. They cost £7.50.
Free swimming for under-16s
Free swimming is available to all pay and play members under 16, all year round, at the following venues and times:
- Abbey Pools: Tuesday and Thursday between 4pm and 6pm
- Parkside Pools: Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 4pm and 6pm
- King's Hedges Learner Pool: Saturday, between 1pm and 4pm
- Jesus Green (when open): Tuesday and Thursday between 4pm and 6pm
Pay and play members under 16 can also swim for free during the holidays, during public sessions before 10am from Monday to Saturday at any of the GLL-managed swimming pools.
If you're not a pay and play member and under 16 you can swim for just £1 at Abbey and Parkside pools on a Tuesday and Friday between 2pm and 4pm and on a Sunday between 3pm and 5pm all through the year.
Two-fifths of 11-year-olds are incapable of swimming 25m unaided, according to the 2013 Kellogg's Amateur Swimming Association Survey. As a result of these findings during 2014/15 we, in partnership with GLL, will be providing:
- Funding for five primary schools, to deliver additional teaching resource in lessons for pupils in year 4,5 and 6.
- Funding for up to 100 pupils in year 5 and 6 who are not predicted to reach Key Stage 2 swimming standard requirements, to access 14 weeks of swimming lessons or attend a crash course of lessons; pupils are identified through referrals by their school's GLL swimming instructor.
- Funding to deliver one-to-one swimming lessons to local disabled children. Lessons are provided by 'level water' for more information see level water flyer [PDF, 280KB]
We already support the schools swimming programme by ensuring GLL provide free pool time for lessons to take place.