Our community centres provide a space where local people and community groups can meet, learn, work, exercise and play. We host a wide range of services, activities and events for the whole community.
All of our centres are available for hire at surprisingly good prices. We offer a range of room sizes and facilities for all kinds of classes, training sessions, meetings, office away-days, parties and performances.
The community centres are located in areas of the city with the greatest need, or in areas of significant new housing growth. We work closely with the Community Development Team, helping our communities to grow and thrive.
Our community centres are spread throughout the city, some are managed by the council, some are managed by partner organisations.
- Red markers: City council-managed community centres
- Blue markers: Other community facilities
- Green markers: Buildings with some community access
We manage six community centres:
- Akeman Community Centre
- Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre
- Buchan Street Neighbourhood Centre – temporarily being used as a centre for emergency food aid and supplies
- Clay Farm Centre
- Meadows Community Centre
- Storey’s Field Centre
We own all of these except Storey’s Field Centre. Four other centres that we own are managed by local groups:
- 37 Lawrence Way Community House is managed by the North Cambridge Community Partnership
- Nuns Way Pavilion is managed by the North Cambridge Community Partnership
- Ross Street Community Centre is managed by Romsey Mill
- Trumpington Pavilion is managed by Trumpington Residents’ Association
We also run a virtual community centre on Facebook – follow us for positive ideas, support and inspiration, to encourage you to stay safe and healthy.