Our community centres are closed for all general public use and hire until further notice, during the national lockdown. Some facilities might be available for education and health support groups. Please contact the centre manager for booking information.
Our community centres are located in areas of the city with the greatest need, or in areas of significant new housing growth.
They provide meeting spaces, services and facilities for local people and community groups, and are also available for hire, offering a range of room sizes and facilities.
We manage six community centres:
- 39 Akeman Street temporary community centre
- Brown’s Field Youth and Community Centre
- Buchan Street Neighbourhood Centre – temporarily being used as a centre for emergency food aid and supplies
- Clay Farm Centre
- Meadows Community Centre
- Storey’s Field Community Centre
We own all of these except Storey’s Field Community centre. Four other centres that we own are managed by local groups:
- 37 Lawrence Way Community House
- Nuns Way Pavilion
- Ross Street Community Centre
- Trumpington Pavilion [Trumpington Residents' Association]
Watch our ‘communities and people’ video to find out more about the Clay Farm Centre.
- Red markers: City council-managed community centres
- Blue markers: Other community facilities
- Green markers: Buildings with some community access
Many other buildings across the city run by other organisations are available for the local community to use.
Some of these are available for community use at all times, and some of these buildings have only some community access.
Please check availability directly with the individual venue.
The list of community facilities does not currently contain any church buildings.