We’ve tried to make our website as accessible and usable as possible for every user. We want everybody to be able to find what they need, regardless of any disability or impairment.
The content on this site should be accessible to screen-reading and magnifying software, and speech-recognition programs.
Recite Me accessibility toolbar
The Recite Me toolbar contains a number of functions which allow you to customise this website in a way to make it more accessible to you.
Functions in the toolbar include text to speech, dyslexia software, an interactive dictionary, and a translation tool with over 100 languages. You can read about the features in full on the Recite Me website.
To launch the toolbar, simply click 'Accessibility tools' in the website header.
The following keyboard shortcuts can also be used when the toolbar is open:
- shift+tab: Move cursor back to toolbar once open
- tab: Move cursor forward
- spacebar: Select a button and change toggles
- ctrl+right: Play next element
- ctrl+left: Play previous element
- ctrl+alt+p: Play the current element
- ctrl+alt+f: Show font menu
- ctrl+alt+c: Show theme menu
- ctrl+r: Enable or disable ruler
- ctrl+d: Enable or disable dictionary
- ctrl+l: Show translation languages
- ctrl+x: Enable or disable text-only mode
- ctrl+m: Show page margin settings
- ctrl+shift+o: Show or disable settings menu
- ctrl+s: Save settings
Tell us if you have any trouble using our website – this will help us to improve it. We’d also like to hear your suggestions about how to make it more accessible or user-friendly.
We can provide you with information in a range of alternative formats, to make it easier for you.
AbilityNet’sMy Computer My Waywebsite provides guidance including how to: