Skip To Main Content

Cambridge City Council

Get your coronavirus vaccination at walk-in clinics in and around Cambridge – no appointment needed, but wear a face mask

My account

You can access your Council Tax and Business Rates account, to do the following:

  • Register for Council Tax or Business Rates. (Select 'Council Tax Notification'.)
  • Report a change – use the unique key-code shown on your most recent bill to view your payments and account balance, set up or amend a direct debit or notify us of a change. (Select 'Account Details'.)
  • Property Enquiry – check your Council Tax banding charges or, if you're a business, your Rateable Values.

Use our my account system to notify us of a change in your circumstances. In the system, use the council tax notification link.

My account system

  • Check our privacy notice, below

Validation process

Please note: you won't be able to view your Council Tax and Business Rates account details without correctly inputting the following information:

  • Full name – Your full first name and surname or business name must be entered.
  • Unique key-code – This is shown at the bottom of your bill. Note: Each time we issue you with a bill the key-code changes, so check you are using the latest code.
  • Contact details – Your telephone number or email address.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction

Visit our how to claim benefits page to find out what documentation you'll be required to submit as part of your claim and then follow the link to make your claim.

Privacy notice

Why are we asking for your personal information?

The personal information you submit on the My Account system will be used to,

  • View your account for Council Tax, change your personal details or set up a Direct Debit.
  • Tell us if you are moving, want to apply for a discount, set up or change a Direct Debit.

The legal basis allowing us to process your data will vary depending upon your specific enquiry, but will predominantly be necessary for the council to carry out its public task or official functions in respect of Council Tax collection as laid out in the Local Government Finance Act 1992.

You hold the following rights with regard to the personal data you provide us:

  • Right to Access – You have the right to access (receive a copy) of your personal data and supplementary information.
  • Right to Rectification – You have the right to have any inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified.
  • Right to object to us processing your personal data where you have an objection on “grounds relating to your particular situation”.
  • Right to Restriction – You have the right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data in situations where it is inaccurate, unlawful, and no longer needed for the purposes for which it was originally collected, or if a withdrawal of consent has been made.

We may process the information you provide to prevent and detect fraud in any of our systems and may supply information to government agencies, credit reference agencies, audit or other external bodies for such purposes. We participate in the governments National Fraud Initiative.

We only keep your information as long as necessary, for some items this will be dictated by law. You can find out more by looking at the Council's Retention Policy.

 We do not routinely process any information about you outside the UK. We will not transfer your personal data outside of the EU.

 Cambridge City Council is a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office.

You can find out more about how we handle your data by visiting the Council's Privacy Notice page. If you have a query regarding your rights please contact the Data Protection Officer who can be contacted by emailing or you can write to the Council and mark your letter for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.

 You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) should you believe any part of this statement to be unlawful.