You can access your Council Tax and Business Rates account, to do the following:
- Register for Council Tax or Business Rates. (Select 'Council Tax Notification'.)
- Report a change – use the unique key-code shown on your most recent bill to view your payments and account balance, set up or amend a direct debit or notify us of a change. (Select 'Account Details'.)
- Property Enquiry – check your Council Tax banding charges or, if you're a business, your Rateable Values.
Use our my account system to notify us of a change in your circumstances. In the system, use the council tax notification link.
Our video guide shows what you can do on the system and how to use it:
Please note: you won't be able to view your Council Tax and Business Rates account details without correctly inputting the following information:
- Full name – Your full first name and surname or business name must be entered.
- Unique key-code – This is shown at the bottom of your bill. Note: Each time we issue you with a bill the key-code changes, so check you are using the latest code.
- Contact details – Your telephone number or email address.
Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction
Visit our how to claim benefits page to find out what documentation you'll be required to submit as part of your claim and then follow the link to make your claim.