Skip To Main Content

Cambridge City Council

Investigation of complaints about private rented accommodation

If you complain to us about the condition or management of the private-rented property you live in, we can investigate.

We can also check whether the property needs a house in multiple occupation (HMO) licence.

When you contact us to make a complaint, we’ll ask you some questions to help us decide whether we need to visit the property. If we can help resolve the problem without visiting, we will do so.