Pay your council tax
The easiest way to pay is by Direct Debit.
You'll need the online key code from your council tax bill to log-in to your account (through Account Details), follow the instructions from there.
Or, fill in and return a direct debit form [PDF, 95kB] or call 01223 457790 to set up a direct debit.
You can pay on either the 5th or 15th of the month.
Please continue to make payment by your current method until you receive a new bill showing details of the direct debit payments.
Other ways to pay
Go to our online payment section to pay your monthly council tax bill securely.
Telephone 01223 457779
- You'll need your council tax account number and your debit or credit card.
- You'll be given a confirmation number at the end of the transaction.
- At our customer service centre
- At a kiosk in our Guildhall reception
- At our City Homes office
- Post office or Pay Zone points
Via your bank
Make individual lump sum payments or set up a standing order:
- Sort code: 201719
- Bank account number: 20232696
You must make sure that the bank quotes your council tax account number when sending the payment.
Please note: this method can take up to six days for payment to reach us. All payments must arrive with us by the due date of payment.