The easiest way to pay is by Direct Debit.
You'll need the online key code from your council tax bill to log-in to your account (through Account Details), follow the instructions from there.
Or, fill in and return a direct debit form [PDF, 96KB] or call 01223 457790 to set up a direct debit.
You can pay on either the 5th or 15th of the month.
Please continue to make payment by your current method until you receive a new bill showing details of the direct debit payments.
If you're not sure where to find your key code, you can find this on our Your council tax bill explained page.
Other ways to pay
Go to our online payment section to pay your monthly council tax bill securely.
Telephone 01223 457779
- You'll need your council tax account number and your debit or credit card.
- You'll be given a confirmation number at the end of the transaction.
- At our customer service centre
- At a kiosk in our Guildhall reception
- At our City Homes office
- At post offices or Payzone points
Via your bank
Make individual lump sum payments or set up a standing order:
- Sort code: 201768
- Bank account number: 20232696
You must make sure that the bank quotes your council tax account number when sending the payment.
Please note: this method can take up to six days for payment to reach us. All payments must arrive with us by the due date of payment.