Online ‘return to fitness’ programme
If you’d like to get more active and try a variety of exercise classes, sign up for our ‘return to fitness’ programme. It’s suitable for adults (age 18 or over) who want to get more active.
We can’t currently run sessions at sports centres, so we’re running it online – you can take part when and where it suits you.
You can start the online course at any time. When you register, you’ll receive access to 8 different video workouts and healthy lifestyle tips that you can work through at your own pace. All the sessions have been recorded by Cambridge-based fitness instructors.
Let’s Go Girls fitness festivals
Our Let’s Go Girls festivals are a great opportunity to try a wide variety of fitness and sporting activities in a fun, social and non-competitive environment.
- Dates to be confirmed
Cambridge South Hockey Club run Back to Hockey and female master hockey sessions for those over 35.
For more details, visit the Cambridge South Hockey Club website.
Our running page lists running activities, including women's only.
Kinnerz Coaching run weekly community football sessions for women and girls aged 13+.
- Wednesdays, 6.30pm to 7.30pm
- Chesterton Sports Centre, outside on the Astroturf
- Suitable for beginners
- For more details, visit the Kinnerz Coaching website
Martial Arts Uniting Ladies offers women's only Tae Kwon-Do sessions.
- Tuesdays and Fridays, 7.40pm to 8.40pm at Queen Edith’s Primary School
Come and try out some new moves in a friendly and safe environment. The curtains will be closed and the doors covered for a bit of privacy.
Ladies night at the Abbey
- Abbey Leisure Complex, Whitehill Road, CB5 8NT
- Female lifeguard where possible
- Fridays 7.30pm to 8.30pm
- There will be a swimming instructor on poolside to share tips and guidance on the first Friday of the month
- £4.70 per person for non-members
- £3.40 with a Better card
- £2.35 with a concessionary Better card
- Fridays, 9.15am to 10.15am
- Cambridge Gymnastics Academy, North Cambridge Academy, Arbury Road
- For more information, visit the Cambridge Gymnastics website