‘Return to fitness’ programme
If you’d like to get more active and try a variety of exercise classes with like-minded women, sign up for our ‘return to fitness’ programme.
We’ll be organising a number of 10-week programmes, involving one exercise session per week, at various locations in Cambridge. No previous fitness experience is required or expected.
We’ll publish the start date and location of each series of sessions here when they are confirmed. You can also follow @getmovingcam on Facebook to see more of what we offer.
Contact us if you want to express an interest in a future programme.
Let’s Go Girls Fitness Festivals
The Let’s Go Girls Festivals are a great opportunity for women and girls age 16+ to try a wide variety of fitness and sporting activities in a fun, social and non-competitive environment.
Hills Road Let’s Go Girls Festival
- Wednesday 10 July 2019, 6pm – 9pm
- Hills Road Sport & Tennis Centre, Purbeck Road, CB2 8PF
- FREE to attend
- Tickets available soon
Our running page lists running activities, including women's only.
Kinnerz Coaching run weekly community football sessions for women and girls aged 13 + years:
- Wednesdays, 6.30-7.30pm
- Chesterton Sports Centre, outside on the Astroturf
- Suitable for beginners
- For more details, visit the Kinnerz Coaching website
Martial Arts Uniting Lives offers women traditional Tae Kwon-Do sessions.
- Tuesdays and Fridays, 7.40 to 8.40pm at Queen Edith’s Primary School
Try out some new moves or get back into the swing of things in a friendly and safe environment. The curtains will be closed and the doors covered for a bit of privacy.
'Netball Nights at Chesterton' are great for those who want to try netball for the first time, or who haven't played since school and want to get back into the sport.
Come and join this fun, friendly group for some fitness, ball drills and match play.
- Thursdays, 7 to 8pm from 25 April to 25 July
- £2 per session, or £20 for all 14 sessions
- All ages 16+ welcome
- Book your place at Netball Nights
- Follow Netball Nights on Facebook
Ladies swim and tone class
At these sessions, blinds to the pool windows are pulled down with no visibility to the pool from members of the public. Led by a qualified instructor.
- Chesterton Sports Centre, Gilbert Road, CB4 3NY
- Thursdays, 11.10 to 11.55am
- £4 per session (Free for Everyone Health Weight Management membership holders)
- Booking essential either online or by calling Chesterton Sports Centre
- 01223 576110
Ladies night at the Abbey
- Abbey Leisure Complex, Whitehill Road, CB5 8NT
- Ladies-only swim session
- Female lifeguard where possible
- Fridays 7.30 - 8.30pm
- There will be a swimming instructor on poolside to share tips and guidance on the first Friday of the month
- £4.70 per person for non-members
- £3.40 with a Better card
- £2.35 with a concessionary Better card
- Fridays, 9.15 to 10.15am
- Cambridge Gymnastics Academy, North Cambridge Academy, Arbury Road
- For more information, visit the Cambridge Gymnastics website