Our exercise referral service can help you manage your long-term medical condition or disability with a prescriptive programme of activity.
Each programme lasts 12 weeks or longer and includes support, assistance and supervision as required from specialist exercise professionals.
Your tailored programme might include gym-based exercise sessions, exercise classes, or online courses that you can follow from home. There is a cost for the sessions, except for the free home-based exercise sessions.
- Exercise referral service sessions
- Assessment with a fitness professional: £10 — This £10 assessment fee does not apply at Abbey Leisure Complex, Cherry Hinton Village Centre or Parkside Pool and Gym
- Gym sessions and exercise classes: £4 at Chesterton Sports Centre, Hills Road Sports Centre and Meadows Community Centre
- Gym sessions and exercise classes: £4.50 at Abbey Leisure Complex, Cherry Hinton Village Centre or Parkside Pool and Gym
- Home-based exercise classes: Free
If you are unsure about whether the service is right for you, speak to your health professional. You can also watch our exercise referral playlist on YouTube, or listen to an episode of the Healthy You podcast about the service.
Information for health professionals
If you are a doctor, nurse, occupational therapist, physiotherapist or dietician you can refer a patient to the service.
Even if you cannot refer patients, you can support us by providing access to information about the service.
We can provide promotional information and videos about the service on request. We can also add you to our mailing list and send you regular updates about the service.