Wellbeing Walks is a developing programme of short, friendly group walks that can help you become and stay active.
The walks are led by trained volunteers. They are free to join, and everybody is welcome.
We developed the programme with the Ramblers and our neighbour local authorities.
Join a walk
The following walks are weekly and led by Cambridge United Community Trust:
- Tuesday at 11am from Arbury Community Centre (CB4 2LD)
- Wednesday at 2pm from Abbey Leisure Complex (CB5 8NT)
- Friday at 11am from Trumpington Park and Ride (CB2 9FT)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The following walks are monthly and led by the Social Prescribing Link Workers and Health and Wellbeing Coaches from local GP surgeries:
- Second Thursday of the month at 2pm from Edge Café, Mill Road (CB1 3DF) to CoFarm off Barnwell Road and back
- Fourth Wednesday of the month at 1.30pm from the Edge Café, Mill Road (CB1 3DF) to Romsey Recreation Ground and back
You do not need to book in advance for any of our wellbeing walks.
We are always working to add more walks in Cambridge and around the county.
Visit the Ramblers website to find out more about wellbeing walks around Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Mental Health Mates
Mental Health Mates is a network of peer support groups, run by people who experience their own mental health issues, meeting regularly to walk, connect and share without fear or judgement.
If you want to know more about how to join a walk or for further information, please visit the Mental Health Mates website.
Volunteer to lead a walk
We rely on volunteers to lead and support walks in their local areas.
Please contact us if you’re passionate about supporting people to get active and could offer some time. We’ll provide free training and support.