Ross Street Community Centre
Volunteer an hour of your time and we'll say thank you by letting you hire a room here for free. Find out more about earning time credits
Here is a list of our activities for the next 7 days:
Drop In IT Sessions' are back on Tuesdays 9.45am to 12pm.
Annual review of community development in the south of Cambridge
Here is our short report highlighting some of the activities and achievements of the communities that we support in the south of the City. If you would like to know more please contact Simon Aslett at Ross Street Community Centre.
Groups using the Centre
Here are some of our regular groups running at the community centre. Some of them term time only - please check during holidays with the centre.
For children and families (all welcome)
- Merry Go Round Toy Library: 1st and 3rd Friday of every month, 9.30-11.00am
- Little Bookworms Family Library: Saturdays, 10 - 11.45am
- Semilitas: Spanish play group, Thursdays 10 am - midday
- Sunny Steps: Creative Dance and Movement Classes for 2 - 4 years. Wednesdays 9.45am
Dance, theatre and exercise groups
- WRiTEON is an open scriptwriting and performance forum
- Dance East - booked dance classes for young people
- Tangueando is an Argentine Tango Dance School (drop in classes): Thursdays at 6.45pm and Sundays at 5.30pm.
- Indian Dance: Tuesday evenings at 6.15pm
- Cambridge Improv: Wednesdays at 7.30pm
- Acting Now: Theatre course, Beginners level, Monday 6.30pm to 9pm. Thursday,6.30pm to 9pm Acting Now and The Kite Trust - Beginners Course
- Forrest Flow Yoga: Wednesdays at 8.15pm
- Global Harmony - weekly singing workshops for adults (drop in): Thursdays at 1.45pm
- Building Bridges - Women's English Conversation Classes (drop in): Tuesdays at 11.45am
- Church of Christ - Sundays at 10.30am
- IT Drop-In Sessions - free use of our laptops and Wi-Fi on Tuesday, 10am to midday. No booking necessary (*Formerly on Fridays)
If you are looking for somewhere in Romsey to run a group, book a private party or hold a meeting or workshop, then Ross Street is the place to be!
We have three rooms available for hire at very reasonable prices:
- The large hall is a light and airy space with a wooden floor. It holds up to 65 people (50 seated) and has a separate kitchen with double oven, fridge, microwave and kettle. Dimensions are approximately 11.6 metres long and 7.3 metres wide.
- The community room has a family feel and holds up to 45 people. It has an integrated kitchen with fridge, microwave and kettle and a fenced in garden area. This works well for children's parties. Dimensions are approximately 10.2 metres long and 6.1 metres wide.
- The meeting room provides a comfortable space for meetings of up to 15 people with shared kitchen facilities. Dimensions are approximately 4.9 metres by 4.8 metres.
- Toilet and baby-changing.
- Small, enclosed garden space attached to the community room.
- Small car park and cycle racks. There is free on-street parking locally.
- All rooms are wheelchair-accessible
- Hearing loop available for use in the hall and meeting room.
The nursery provision at the centre is provided by Romsey Mill. The morning sessions run during term times. All queries to Romsey Mill on 01223 213162 (nursery enquiries only).