Ross Street Community Centre
Volunteer an hour of your time and we'll say thank you by letting you hire a room here for free. Find out more about earning time credits.
Here is a list of our activities for the next 6 days:
What's on at Ross Street in the week commencing the 19th September whats_happening_at_ross_street_community_centre_-_week_commencing_19th_september.pdf [PDF, 310kB]
Our 'Drop In IT Sessions' and Building Bridges are both back on a Tuesday.
Here are some of our regular groups running at the community centre. Some of them term time only - please check during holidays with the centre.
For children and families (all welcome)
- Merry Go Round Toy Library: 1st and 3rd Friday of every month, 9.30-11.00am
- Little Bookworms Family Library: Saturdays, 10 - 11.45am
- Semilitas: Spanish play group, Thursdays 10 am - midday
- Hungarian School Cambridge: 1st and 3rd Mondays 10 -11.30am
- Sunny Steps: Creative Dance and Movement Classes for 2 - 4 years. Wednesdays 9.45am
Dance, theatre and exercise groups
- WRiTEON is an open scriptwriting and performance forum
- Dance East - booked dance classes for young people
- Tangueando is an Argentine Tango Dance School (drop in classes): Thursdays at 6.45pm and Sundays at 5.30pm.
- Indian Dance: Tuesday evenings at 6.15pm
- Lindyhoppers: Occasional Sundays from 1pm
- Cambridge Improv: Wednesdays at 7.30pm
- Acting Now: Theatre course, Tuesdays 6.30pm
- Forrest Flow Yoga: Wednesdays at 8.15pm
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga: Fridays at 11.30am
- Global Harmony - weekly singing workshops for adults (drop in): Thursdays at 1.45pm
- Building Bridges - Women's English Conversation Classes (drop in): Tuesdays at 11.45am
- Church of Christ - Sundays at 10.30am
- IT Drop-In Sessions - free use of our laptops and Wi-Fi on Fridays, 10am to midday. No booking necessary
If you are looking for somewhere in Romsey to run a group, book a private party or hold a meeting or workshop, then Ross Street is the place to be!
We have three rooms available for hire at very reasonable prices:
- The large hall is a light and airy space with a wooden floor. It holds up to 65 people (50 seated) and has a separate kitchen with double oven, fridge, microwave and kettle. Dimensions are approximately 11.6 metres long and 7.3 metres wide.
- The community room has a family feel and holds up to 45 people. It has an integrated kitchen with fridge, microwave and kettle and a fenced in garden area. This works well for children's parties. Dimensions are approximately 10.2 metres long and 6.1 metres wide.
- The meeting room provides a comfortable space for meetings of up to 15 people with shared kitchen facilities. Dimensions are approximately 4.9 metres by 4.8 metres.
- Toilet and baby-changing.
- Small, enclosed garden space attached to the community room.
- Small car park and cycle racks. There is free on-street parking locally.
- All rooms are wheelchair-accessible
- Hearing loop available for use in the hall and meeting room.
The nursery provision at the centre is provided by Romsey Mill. The morning sessions run during term times. All queries to Romsey Mill on 01223 213162 (nursery enquiries only).