Blue Badge holders can park for free for up to three hours in our car parks. Normal parking charges apply after the free-parking period has ended.
Renew or apply for a Blue Badge on the county council website.
Multi-storey car parks
You can claim three hours’ free parking at any time of day at our five multi-storey car parks.
- When you are ready to leave, take your Blue Badge to a pay station and follow the instructions
- The machine will scan your badge to ensure it’s valid, and automatically deduct three hours off the parking fee
- If you’ve stayed less than three hours your ticket will be returned to you to allow free exit. Otherwise, pay the fee shown on the screen and your ticket will be returned to you
- Insert your ticket at the exit barrier
Pay and display car parks
- Display your Blue Badge and time clock clearly on the dashboard before you leave your car
- If you’re staying for more than three hours, buy a ticket for the extra time and display it with your badge and time clock
Officers checking parking tickets will know to add three hours to the time you have paid for.