Ross Street Community Centre, Ross Street, Cambridge CB1 3UZ
Ross Street Community Centre is managed for us by Romsey Mill Trust. This arrangement began in December 2018, for an initial three-year period.
We will continue to work with the trust to ensure the centre continues to be a valued local resource. Groups using the centre will not be affected by the change, and the trust will continue to offer rooms for hire at reasonable rates.
To find out more or book a room, contact email@example.com or phone 01223 471674.
Romsey Mill Trust will continue to support our initiatives, including:
- Holiday lunches are held during the school holidays and give local families an opportunity to meet and chat and to enjoy a tasty nutritious meal for free. Activities for children are also provided.
- The Romsey Hub is an informal social get together for people in their 60’s and over. Everyone is welcome. They meet twice a month and sometimes have speakers, games or quizzes.
- Women’s health and wellbeing sessions provide information generally about medical matters of interest specifically to women from minority ethnic backgrounds. A free lunch is also provided.
To find out more about these initiatives, contact Simon Aslett, Community Development Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01223 457243.
We continue to have a commitment to developing the Romsey community.
Groups using the centre
Here are some of our regular groups running at the community centre. Some of them term time only – please check during holidays with the centre.
For children and families (all welcome)
- Merry Go Round toy library: 1st and 3rd Friday of every month, 9.30 to 11am
- Little Bookworms family library: Saturdays, 10 to 11.45am
- Semilitas Spanish play group: Thursdays, 10am to midday
- Sunny Steps creative dance and movement classes for 2- to 4-year-olds: Wednesdays, 9.45am
Dance, theatre and exercise groups
- Tangueando Argentine tango dance school (drop in): Thursdays, 6.45pm and Sundays, 5.30pm
- Indian dance: Tuesdays, 6.15pm
- Acting Now beginners theatre course: Mondays, 6.30 to 9pm
- Acting Now and the Kite Trust: Beginners course, Thursdays, 6.30 to 9pm
- Tsunami gym: various times
- Global Harmony weekly singing workshops for adults (drop in): Thursdays, 1.45pm
- Church of Christ: Sundays, 10.30am
There are three rooms available for hire at very reasonable prices:
- The large hall is a light and airy space with a wooden floor. It holds up to 65 people (50 seated) and has a separate kitchen with double oven, fridge, microwave and kettle. Dimensions are approximately 11.6 metres by 7.3 metres.
- The community room has a family feel and holds up to 45 people. It has an integrated kitchen with fridge, microwave and kettle and a fenced-in garden area. This works well for children's parties. Dimensions are approximately 10.2 metres by 6.1 metres.
- The meeting room provides a comfortable space for meetings of up to 15 people with shared kitchen facilities. Dimensions are approximately 4.9 metres by 4.8 metres.
The centre also offers:
- Toilet and baby-changing facilities
- A small, enclosed garden space attached to the community room
- A small car park and cycle racks. There is free on-street parking locally
- Wheelchair-friendly access to all rooms
- A hearing loop for use in the hall and meeting room
The nursery provision at the centre is provided by Romsey Mill. The morning sessions run during term times.
If you have any questions, contact Romsey Mill on 01223 213162.