We are committed to being open and transparent about how we work, our decision-making processes and the services we provide.
In addition to the information we are required to make available under the Local Government Transparency Code from GOV.uk [PDF, 0.8MB] we also use feedback and information frequently requested under Freedom of Information to identify datasets for publication.
The data on this page are published under the Open Government License and is available for you to re-use as you like, including for commercial and research activities. Where possible we have made data available in both a 'human-readable' format (such as PDF) and an open, 'machine-readable' format that is not dependent on any specific software (such as CSV or XML). In the case of many of the lists of map reference points, we have made these available as a visual map and a CSV file.
- Our constitution is available to view or download.
Details of staff in the top three levels of the organisation.
- Organisation chart: February 2020 [PDF, 0.1MB]
- Organisation chart: April 2019 [PDF, 0.2MB]
- Organisation chart: October 2018 [PDF, 8.5MB]
- Organisation chart: April 2018 [PDF, 6MB]
Number of employees with a remuneration of at least £50,000.
- Senior salary count: 2019 [PDF, 37Kb]
- Senior salary count: 2018 [XLS, 38Kb]
- Senior salary count: 2017 [PDF, 12Kb]
- Senior salary count: 2016 [PDF, 12Kb]
- Senior salary count: 2015 [PDF, 8Kb]
- Senior salary count: 2014 [PDF, 8Kb]
Senior employee salaries
Details of remuneration for staff earning £50,000 or more.
- Senior employee salaries: 2019 [PDF, 56Kb]
- Senior employee salaries: 2018 [XLSX, 12Kb]
- Senior employee salaries: 2017 [PDF, 31Kb]
- Senior employee salaries: 2016 [PDF, 35Kb]
- Senior employee salaries: 2015 [PDF, 38Kb]
- Senior employee salaries: 2014 [PDF, 28Kb]
Ratio of the highest-paid post and the average salary.
Trade union facility time
Trade unions represented in the local authority and staff representatives.
- Public sector trade union facility time data 2018/19 [PDF, 8Kb]
- Public sector trade union facility time data 2017/18 [PDF, 12Kb]
- We had 785 employees on 31 March 2019
- We had 22 apprentices on 31 March 2019 (2.8% of employees, surpasses the 2.3% Government public sector target)
- 104 new employees started working for us in 2018/19
- 1 new apprentice started working for us in 2018/19
- Payments over £500 - all invoices paid to our suppliers of £500 or more [PDF and CSV]
- Procurement card transactions – transactions made on government procurement cards [PDF and CSV]
- Invitations to tender - Link to LGSS procurement portal. Search 'Cambridgeshire District Councils' under Current Opportunities
- Contracts - Link to LGSS procurement portal. Search 'Cambridgeshire District Councils' under Contract Register
Parking enforcement in council run off-street parking sites is carried out by Cambridgeshire County Council. This dataset provides details of the number of penalty charge notices (PCN) issued in our car parks.
Cambridge City Council does not operate any on-street parking. This dataset provides details of parking spaces operated by Cambridge City Council.
Car park income
The number of tickets issued and ticket income for car parks operated by Cambridge City Council.
|Land and building assets||Land and buildings which form part of the council's fixed assets||Local and building assets [PDF, 0.3MB]||Land and building assets [XLSX, 72Kb]|
|City Council Assets||View the council's assets on My Cambridgeshire's portal by selecting 'Public sector assets' and Cambridge City' to view this data||My Cambridgeshire||My Cambridgeshire|
|Social Housing Asset Value||Value of social housing stock that is held in the Housing Revenue Account|
The Brownfield Land Register provides details on sites that the Local Planning Authority considers to be appropriate for future residential development. It allows potential developers to easily identify the land within the City that is readily developable.
Brownfield site data can be downloaded from https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/brownfield-land-register
Waste and recycling
Waste contracts: We don't have a contract for waste collection.
- Waste recycling and disposal [link to WasteDataFlow] – can be exported as CSV; requires registration
Datasets derived from FOI requests
These datasets are published in response to information frequently requested under the Freedom of Information Act. Datasets are updated on a quarterly basis unless otherwise stated. A schema is published alongside each dataset, this sets out field name and field type for each column of data as well as giving a description of the information it holds.
National assisted funerals
Details of funerals arranged by us following the death of an individual intestate and with no next of kin. We will not disclose address and date of birth details, which we believe are exempt from disclosure. In the cases of a referral of an estate to the Treasury Solicitor's Office, details are available from the unclaimed asset list.
- National assisted funerals [PDF, 18Kb]
- National assisted funerals [CSV, 3Kb]
- National assisted funerals schema [PDF, 10Kb]
Non-domestic rates (business rates)
Historic NDR credits
Details of all accounts liable for non-domestic rates (business rates) including details of exemptions and reliefs.
Latitude and longitude or shape files for various items and locations
- Allotments [KML, 11Kb] | Allotments map
- Bins [KML, 0.8MB] | Litter and dog bins map
- Car parks [KML, 9Kb] | Car parks map
- Community centres [KML, 26Kb] | Community centres map
- Parks and playgrounds [KML, 38Kb] | Parks and playgrounds map
- Polling stations [KML, 20Kb] | Polling stations map
- Public toilets [KML, 8Kb] | Public toilets map
- Recycling points [KML, 22Kb] | Recycling points map
- Swimming and paddling pools [KML, 4Kb] | Swimming and paddling pools map
- Ward boundaries (available from Ordnance Survey) | Ward map
Council tax bands - council tax amount for each band
Transparency - other information
- Committee meetings minutes and agendas
- Council policies, plans and strategies
- Councillors - contact details, allowances and expenses [available as PDF and CSV]
- Election results
- Freedom of information disclosure log of all FOI responses
- Job vacancies
- Performance and spending
- Planning applications