The Constitution sets out the rules that govern how the council works. The Constitution:
- contains rules setting out the processes by which we make decisions
- states who is responsible for making decisions
- contains the rules governing the conduct of meetings
- includes a variety of rules, codes and procedures relating to our finances, employment practices, and buying, selling and letting contracts
We update the Constitution regularly. We recommend that you download the latest version each time you need it, instead of keeping a saved copy.
- Download the Constitution [PDF, 2MB]
We can provide a printed copy – a charge for printing and postage will apply.