The Community Grant fund is available for projects that will help to reduce social or economic inequality in Cambridge.
All applications must demonstrate how the funding will be used to reduce social or economic inequality, by removing barriers for city residents with the most need, to enable them to access one or more of the following:
- Sporting activities
- Arts and cultural activities
- Community development activities
- Reducing poverty activities
- Legal or financial advice
- Employment support
- Capacity building of the voluntary sector to achieve the above
Organisations applying to provide legal advice and support must have the Advice Quality Standard or equivalent.
Your activity must reduce social or economic inequality for city residents with the highest needs.
It must also achieve one or more of the following:
- Reduce poverty
- Improve skills and confidence to gain employment
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Communities come together and bring about change
- Stronger voluntary sector in the city
Community grants 2021/22
The deadline for applications was 5 October 2020. Decisions were made at a committee meeting on 28 January 2021.
There is no guarantee that groups that have previously received funding will receive future funding. Any grant not spent for the purpose allocated or within one financial year must be repaid.
Community grants 2022/23
The next round of Community Grant funding will open at the end of August 2021, with a deadline of early October 2021.
Please contact us in mid to late August if you want to apply for funding for 2022/23. If you are a new applicant, phone us to discuss your proposal.
Area committee funding
The 2020/21 area committee funding has been allocated, but there might be a small amount of funding still available. Contact us for more details.
- Find out more about area committee funding.