General information on Community Grants:
All applications must demonstrate how the funding will reduce social and/or economic inequality, by removing barriers for city residents with the most need, to enable them to access one or more of the funding priorities.
Your activity needs to be one of these:
- Sporting activities
- Arts and cultural activities
- Community development activities
- Legal and/or financial advice - organisations applying to give legal advice and support must have The Advice Quality Standard (AQS) or equivalent
- Employment support
- Capacity building of the voluntary sector to achieve the above
Your activity must achieve this outcome: reduce social and/or economic inequality for city residents with the highest needs
As well as the primary outcome, your activity must achieve one or more of the following strategic outcomes:
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Communities come together and bring about change
- More people have better opportunities to gain employment
- Stronger voluntary sector in the city
Community Grants 2018-19
When to apply
This fund will be launched in late August 2017.
The main round of grant applications will close on 2 October 2017 at 12 noon. This is a strict deadline for bids. Decisions will be made at committee in January 2018.
How to apply
The 2018-19 Application Guidelines are not developed yet but are likely to be similar to 2017-18. The 2018-19 Guidelines will be on this webpage in late August 2017.
- For general information please see these 2017-18 Application Guidelines application_guide_17-18.pdf [PDF, 510kB]
- make sure your group meets the eligibility criteria listed in the guidelines
- ensure the proposed activity clearly fits the grant priorities
- after reading the above document, if you think you fit the criteria and eligibility email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack in late August
We're happy to help you with any aspect of your funding application including organisational and financial issues (eg, constitution, policies, preparation of budgets and accounts).
- there is no guarantee that groups funded in one year will receive future funding
- any grant not spent for the purpose allocated or within one financial year will need to be repaid.
Email email@example.com Call 01223 457875
Community Grants 2017-18
- This budget is closed as the funding was all allocated at committee in January 2017
- The deadline for applications for these grants was 4 October 2016
- We sometimes have small amounts of funding returned, so if you wish to go on a waiting list please contact us
Area Committee Funding
Most of the 2017-18 funding is now allocated but there is some West Central Area funding still available. Please contact us on the above email/phone number. https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/content/area-committee-funding