The Community Grant fund is available for projects that will help to reduce social or economic inequality in Cambridge.
All applications must demonstrate how the funding will be used to reduce social or economic inequality, by removing barriers for city residents with the most need, to enable them to access one or more of the following:
- Sporting activities
- Arts and cultural activities
- Community development activities
- Reducing poverty activities
- Legal or financial advice
- Employment support
- Capacity building of the voluntary sector to achieve the above
Organisations applying to provide legal advice and support must have the Advice Quality Standard or equivalent.
Your activity must reduce social or economic inequality for city residents with the highest needs.
It must also achieve one or more of the following:
- Reduce poverty
- Improve skills and confidence to gain employment
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Communities come together and bring about change
- Stronger voluntary sector in the city
Community grants 2022/23
Read the Community Grant application guide [PDF, 0.4MB] for full detail of how to apply for funding. You must:
- Make sure your group meets the eligibility criteria
- Make sure the proposed activity clearly fits the funding priorities and will deliver the outcomes required
- Contact us after reading the guidelines if you think you are eligible to apply
Watch a recording of a webinar presentation explaining how to apply.
The application deadline is 9am on 4 October 2021. Councillors will decide which proposals to give funding to at the Environment and Community Scrutiny Committee meeting on 27 January 2022.
We can help you with any aspect of your funding application, including organisational and financial issues such as constitution, policies, preparation of budgets and accounts.
- There is no guarantee that groups that have previously received a grant will receive future funding.
- You must repay any grant that is not spent for the purpose allocated or within one financial year.
Community grants 2021/22
This fund is closed.
We might have small amounts of funding returned during the year. Contact us if you want to be added to a waiting list in case this happens.
Area committee funding
Most of this funding has been allocated but there is a small amount still available. If you think your group and activity might be eligible for a small bid then contact us to discuss your activity.
- Find out more about area committee funding.