The Community Grant fund is available for projects that will help to reduce social or economic inequality in Cambridge.
- Community grants: Annual report 2016-17 [PDF, 2MB]
- Community grants: 2016-17 awards [PDF, 340KB]
- Case studies received from groups for 2016-17 awards [PDF, 212KB]
All applications must demonstrate how the funding will be used to reduce social or economic inequality, by removing barriers for city residents with the most need, to enable them to access one or more of the following:
- Sporting activities
- Arts and cultural activities
- Community development activities
- Reducing poverty activities
- Legal or financial advice
- Employment support
- Capacity building of the voluntary sector to achieve the above
Organisations applying to provide legal advice and support must have the Advice Quality Standard or equivalent.
Your activity must reduce social or economic inequality for city residents with the highest needs.
It must also achieve one or more of the following:
- Reduce poverty
- Improve skills and confidence to gain employment
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Communities come together and bring about change
- Stronger voluntary sector in the city
Community grants 2019/20
When to apply
The deadline is 1 October 2018. Decisions will be made at committee on 17th January 2019.
How to apply
- Make sure your group meets the eligibility criteria listed on pages 6 and 7 of the guidelines
- Make sure the proposed activity clearly fits the funding priorities on pages 3 to 5
- After reading the guidelines, contact us if you think you are eligible to apply.
We're happy to help you with any aspect of your funding application including organisational and financial issues (such as constitution, policies, preparation of budgets and accounts).
- There is no guarantee that groups funded in one year will receive future funding
- Any grant not spent for the purpose allocated or within one financial year must be repaid
Community grants 2018/19
This budget is closed as the funding was all allocated at committee in January 2018.
The deadline for applications for these grants was October 2017.
We sometimes have small amounts of funding returned, so contact us if you wish to be added to a waiting list.
Area committee funding
Most of the 2018/19 area committee funding has been allocated, but there is some funding still available for the South and West/ Central areas. Contact us for more details.
- Find out more about area committee funding.