The Community Grant fund is available for projects that will help to reduce social or economic inequality in Cambridge.
All applications must demonstrate how the funding will be used to reduce social or economic inequality, by removing barriers for city residents with the most need, to enable them to access one or more of the following:
- Sporting activities
- Arts and cultural activities
- Community development activities
- Reducing poverty activities
- Legal or financial advice
- Employment support
- Capacity building of the voluntary sector to achieve the above
Organisations applying to provide legal advice and support must have the Advice Quality Standard or equivalent.
Your activity must reduce social or economic inequality for city residents with the highest needs.
It must also achieve one or more of the following:
- Reduce poverty
- Improve skills and confidence to gain employment
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Communities come together and bring about change
- Stronger voluntary sector in the city
Community grants 2020/21
To find out how to apply, download the community grant application guidelines [PDF, 2MB].
- Make sure your group meets the eligibility criteria listed on pages 6 and 7 of the guidelines.
- Make sure the proposed activity clearly fits the funding priorities on pages 3 to 5.
- After reading the guidelines, contact us if you think you are eligible to apply.
The deadline for applications is 1 October 2019. Decisions will be made at a committee meeting in early 2020.
We can help you with any aspect of your funding application, including organisational and financial issues such as constitution, policies, preparation of budgets and accounts.
- There is no guarantee that groups funded in one year will receive future funding.
- Any grant not spent for the purpose allocated or within one financial year must be repaid.
Community grants 2019/20
This budget is closed and the funding has all been allocated.
We sometimes have small amounts of funding returned. Contact us if you want to be added to a waiting list in case this happens.
Area committee funding
Most of the 2019/20 area committee funding has been allocated, but there is some funding still available for the South and West/ Central areas. Contact us for more details.
- Find out more about area committee funding.