The community grant fund is available for projects that will help to reduce social or economic inequality in Cambridge.
Our film shows the positive impact that community grants have had recently on local lives:
- Community grants: Annual report 2016-17 [PDF, 1.7MB]
- Community grants: 2016-17 awards [PDF, 340kB]
- Case studies to follow
All applications must demonstrate how the funding will be used to reduce social or economic inequality, by removing barriers for city residents with the most need, to enable them to access one or more of the following:
- Sporting activities
- Arts and cultural activities
- Community development activities
- Legal or financial advice
- Employment support
- Capacity building of the voluntary sector to achieve the above
Organisations applying to provide legal advice and support must have the Advice Quality Standard or equivalent.
Your activity must reduce social or economic inequality for city residents with the highest needs.
It must also achieve one or more of the following:
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Communities come together and bring about change
- More people have better opportunities to gain employment
- Stronger voluntary sector in the city
Community grants 2018-19
When to apply
This fund will be launched in late August 2017. The main round of grant applications will close on 2 October 2017 at midday. This is a strict deadline for bids. Decisions will be made at committee in January 2018.
How to apply
The 2018-19 application guidelines will be made available soon. They are likely to be similar to the 2017-18 guidelines [PDF, 510kB].
- Make sure your group meets the eligibility criteria listed in the guidelines
- Make sure the proposed activity clearly fits the grant priorities
- After reading the guidelines, if you think you fit the criteria and eligibility email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack in late August
We're happy to help you with any aspect of your funding application including organisational and financial issues (such as constitution, policies, preparation of budgets and accounts).
- There is no guarantee that groups funded in one year will receive future funding
- Any grant not spent for the purpose allocated or within one financial year must be repaid
Community grants 2017-18
- This budget is closed as the funding was all allocated at committee in January 2017
- The deadline for applications for these grants was 4 October 2016
- We sometimes have small amounts of funding returned, so contact us if you wish to be added to a waiting list
Area committee funding
Most of the 2017-18 area committee funding has been allocated, but there is some West/ Central Area funding still available. Contact us for moe details.
Information about 2018-19 funding will be available in January 2017.