Community Grants 2017-18
General information on the 2017-18 Community Grants funding:
All applications must demonstrate how the funding will reduce social and/or economic inequality, by removing barriers for city residents with the most need, to enable them to access one or more of the funding priorities.
Your activity needs to be one of these:
- Sporting activities
- Arts and cultural activities
- Community development activities
- Legal and/or financial advice - organisations applying to give legal advice and support must have The Advice Quality Standard (AQS) or equivalent
- Employment support
- Capacity building of the voluntary sector to achieve the above
Your activity must achieve this outcome: reduce social and/or economic inequality for city residents with the highest needs
As well as the primary outcome, your activity must achieve one or more of the following strategic outcomes:
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Communities come together and bring about change
- More people have better opportunities to gain employment
- Stronger voluntary sector in the city
When to apply
The main round of grant applications closes on 3 October 2016 at 12 noon. Decisions will be made at committee on 19 January 2017.
How to apply
- read our Application Guidelines application_guide_17-18.pdf [PDF, 510kB]
- make sure your group meets the eligibility criteria listed in the guidelines
- ensure the proposed activity clearly fits the grant priorities
- after reading the above document, if you think you fit the criteria and eligibility email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack
We're happy to help you with any aspect of your funding application including organisational and financial issues (eg, constitution, policies, preparation of budgets and accounts).
- there is no guarantee that groups funded in one year will receive future funding
- any grant not spent for the purpose allocated or within one financial year will need to be repaid.
Email email@example.com Call 01223 457875
Community Grants 2016-17
- This budget is closed as the funding has all been allocated.
- The deadline for applications for these grants was 2 October 2015
Area Committee Funding
Most of the 2016-17 funding is now allocated but there is some West Central Area funding still available. Please contact us on the above email/phone number. https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/content/area-committee-funding