Open data: Transparency in local government
We are committed to being open and transparent about how we work, our decision-making processes and the services we provide.
In addition to the information we are required to make available under the Local Government Transparency Code [PDF] from GOV.uk we also use feedback and information frequently requested under Freedom of Information to identify datasets for publication.
The data on this page are published under the Open Government License and is available for you to re-use as you like, including for commercial and research activities. Where possible we have made data available in both a 'human-readable' format (such as PDF) and an open, 'machine-readable' format that is not dependent on any specific software (such as CSV or XML). In the case of many of the lists of map reference points, we have made these available as a visual map and a CSV file.
- Our constitution is available to view or download.
|Organisation chart||Details of staff in the top three levels of the organisation||Organisation chart: October 2017 [PDF, 10.7MB]||
|Senior salaries||Details of remuneration for staff earning £50,000 or more|
|Senior salary count||Number of employees with a remuneration of at least £50,000|
|Pay multiple||Ratio of the highest-paid post and the average salary|
|Trade union facility time||Trade unions represented in the local authority and staff representatives||TU Facility Time [PDF, 12kB]||TU Facility Time [CSV, 1kB]|
- Payments over £500 - all invoices paid to our suppliers of £500 or more [PDF and CSV]
- Procurement card transactions – transactions made on government procurement cards [PDF and CSV]
- Invitations to tender - Link to LGSS procurement portal. Search 'Cambridgeshire District Councils' under Current Opportunities
- Contracts - Link to LGSS procurement portal. Search 'Cambridgeshire District Councils' under Contract Register
|Parking enforcement||Parking enforcement in council run off-street parking sites is carried out by Cambridgeshire County Council. This dataset provides details of the number of penalty charge notices (PCN) issued in our car parks.||Parking enforcement 2017 [PDF, 13kB]||Parking enforcement 2017 [CSV, 1kB]|
|Parking spaces||Cambridge City Council does not operate any on-street parking. This dataset provides details of parking spaces operated by Cambridge City Council||Parking spaces 17 [PDF, 17kB]||Parking spaces 17 [CSV, 2kB]|
|Car park income||The number of tickets issued and ticket income for car parks operated by Cambridge City Council.|
|Land and building assets||Land and buildings which form part of the council's fixed assets||Local Authority Land 2016 [PDF, 80kB]||Local Authority Land 2016 [CSV, 152kB]|
|City Council Assets||View the council's assets on My Cambridgeshire's portal by selecting 'Public sector assets' and Cambridge City' to view this data||My Cambridgeshire||My Cambridgeshire|
|Social Housing Asset Value||Value of social housing stock that is held in the Housing Revenue Account|
The Brownfield Land Register provides details on sites that the Local Planning Authority considers to be appropriate for future residential development. It allows potential developers to easily identify the land within the City that is readily developable.
Brownfield site data can be downloaded from https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/brownfield-land-register
|Fraud||The council's counter fraud work|
|Grants||Grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations|
Waste and recycling
Waste contracts: We don't have a contract for waste collection.
- Waste recycling and disposal [link to WasteDataFlow] – can be exported as CSV; requires registration
Datasets derived from FOI requests
These datasets are published in response to information frequently requested under the Freedom of Information Act. Datasets are updated on a quarterly basis unless otherwise stated. A schema is published alongside each dataset, this sets out field name and field type for each column of data as well as giving a description of the information it holds.
|National assisted funerals||
Details of funerals the arranged by the council following the death of an individual intestate and with no next of kin are published here. The council will not disclose address and date of birth details as we believe they would be exempt from disclosure under section 31 of the Freedom of Information, the exemption for prevention and detection of crime. This dataset is updated monthly.
In the cases of a referral of an estate to the Treasury Solicitors Office details are available from the unclaimed asset list..
|National assisted funerals 2017-09 [PDF, 9kB]
|| National assisted funerals 2017-09 [CSV, 3kB]
|NDR historic credits||Historic non-domestic rates credits (Business rates) [annual publication]||NNDR Credit Write Offs 2016-04-01 [PDF, 12kB]|| NNDR Credit Write Offs 2016-04-01 [CSV, 8kB]
||Historic NDR credits schema [XLSX, 8kB]|
|NDR credits||Live credits held non-domestic rate accounts (Business rates)||NNDR credits 2017-10-01 [CSV, 1kB]||NDR credits schema [XLSX, 9kB]|
|NDR accounts||Details of all accounts liable for non-domestic rates (business rates) including details of exemptions and reliefs.||Not suitable for publishing as PDF||NNDR accounts schema [XLSX, 12kB]|
Latitude and longitude or shape files for various items and locations
- Allotments [KML, 12kB] | Allotments map
- Bins [KML, 850kB] | Litter and dog bins map
- Car parks [KML, 10kB] | Car parks map
- Community centres [KML, 30kB] | Community centres map
- Parks and playgrounds [KML, 45kB] | Parks and playgrounds map
- Polling stations [KML, 21kB] | Polling stations map
- Public toilets [KML, 8kB] | Public toilets map
- Recycling points [KML, 23kB] | Recycling points map
- Swimming and paddling pools [KML, 5kB] | Swimming and paddling pools map
- Ward boundaries (available from Ordnance Survey) | Ward map
Council tax bands - council tax amount for each band
Transparency - other information
- Committee meetings minutes and agendas
- Council policies, plans and strategies
- Councillors - contact details, allowances and expenses [available as PDF and CSV]
- Election results
- Freedom of information disclosure log of all FOI responses
- Job vacancies
- Performance and spending
- Planning applications