If you want to make alterations to your home, you must get permission from us first.
Contact us (details below) for advice about what alterations you can make.
If you carry out alterations without permission, we will either ask you to remove it or remove it ourselves and charge you for it.
- Home alteration application form: Council tenants [RTF, 0.8MB]
- Home alteration application form: Leaseholders [PDF, 0.1MB]
- Home alteration application form: Shared ownership [PDF, 37Kb]
Return forms to: Repairs and maintenance, Cambridge City Council, PO Box 700, Cambridge CB1 0JH.
Examples of required permissions include:
- installing CCTV
- installing a satellite dish
- changing the bathroom suite or kitchen units
- laying laminated or wood floors
- changing external doors
- removing or building internal walls
- building an extension or conservatory
- installing roofing over a passageway
- changing electrical, heating, gas or plumbing works
- laying carpet over underfloor heating