Grand Arcade car park
Individual levels at this car park will be closed until mid-June, to allow for essential maintenance to the sprinkler system.
Parent and child parking: Please only park in the bays marked for parents and children if you need to.
Corn Exchange Street, Cambridge CB2 3QF
Located in heart of city centre. Nearest car park to the market square, the main shopping area, the colleges and the riverside.
- Find it on our car parks map (or get directions from Google)
- Open Monday to Sunday, 24 hours
- Short-stay pay-on-foot car park – take your ticket with you and pay at a machine before you return to your car
We are trialling a peak-time parking tariff at this car park. Parking between 8 and 10am on weekdays will cost an additional 50p per hour for every hour of your stay.
This tariff is designed to encourage you to use alternative methods of transport to come into Cambridge. It also aims to encourage visiting at less busy periods of the day.
- Find out more about how we are tackling congestion
|Length of stay||Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm||Peak-time tariff: Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm||Saturday, 9am to 5pm and Sunday, 10am to 5pm||Evenings and overnight|
|Up to 1 hour||£2.40||£2.90||£2.70||£1.20|
|Up to 2 hours||£4.80||£5.80||£5.30||£2.40|
|Up to 3 hours||£7.10||£8.60||£7.80||£3.60|
|Up to 4 hours||£10.50||£12.50||£12.10||£4.80|
|Up to 5 hours||£20.10||£22.60||£21.20||£6|
|Over 5 hours||£25.80||£28.80||£26.80||£1.20 per hour|
- If you park between 8 and 10am you’ll be charged according to our peak-time tariff. Parking will cost an additional 50p per hour for every hour (or part hour) of your stay.
- We operate separate daytime and evening tariffs. If your stay includes both daytime and evening or overnight charges, you must add them together.
- If your stay includes more than one day, keep your entry ticket. The pay machine will calculate the full price when you leave.
- Cash and cards accepted at pay machines
- First 3 hours free for Blue Badge holders
- Height limit 1.98 metres (6 feet 6 inches)
- Borrow a scooter from Shopmobility or a pushchair
- 953 car spaces including:
- 35 Blue Badge bays (located on: level 2 upper car park and level -1 lower car park
- 10 parent-and-child bays on level two of the upper car park
- Two parent-and-child bays on level -1 of the lower car park
- Cycle parking for 200 bikes (in separate cycle park next door to car park)
- You can't reserve/pre-book a space in advance.
- Motorcycles are not allowed in this car park; available parking in the following locations:
- Boltoph Lane
- Chesterton Road
- Fitzroy Lane
- Free School Lane
- King Street
- Lensfield Road
- Occupation Road
- Park Terrace
- Silver Street
- Trumpington Street
- Coaches are not allowed in this car park. Visit the county council's website for details about parking at Madingley Road Park and Ride site
- Park Mark status awarded
Questions about our car parks or parking
Get answers to questions about parking in our car parks. The page also answers questions about the Park and Ride sites and where to park larger vehicles.
Accessible rest room
A Changing Places toilet and accessible rest room is available in the Grand Arcade office. It contains a toilet, shower, hoist and changing bed.
Keys are available from:
- Monday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm from the Grand Arcade office
- Monday to Saturday, 8am to 8pm from the car park's customer service office
- Sunday, 10am to 5pm from the car park's customer service office