Grand Arcade car park is the nearest multi-storey car park to the city centre, the colleges and the riverside. It has been awarded Park Mark status.
- Open Monday to Sunday, 24 hours a day
- Short-stay pay-on-foot car park
- Pay by cash or card at the payment machines before leaving, or use your contactless card to enter, leave and pay without a ticket
- Blue Badge holders can park for free for up to three hours
We have introduced a peak-time parking tariff for vehicles entering between 8 and 10am on weekdays, and 11am and 1pm at the weekends. The peak time tariff will cost an additional 50p per hour for every hour (or part hour) of your stay.
This tariff is designed to encourage you to use alternative methods of transport to come into Cambridge. It also aims to encourage visiting at less busy periods of the day.
- Find out more about how we are tackling congestion
|Day and time of entry||Up to 1 hour||Up to 2 hours||Up to 3 hours||Up to 4 hours||Up to 5 hours||Over 5 hours|
|Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm – Peak-time tariff (see note below)||£3||£5.90||£8.80||£12.70||£23||£29.40|
|Monday to Friday, 10am to 7pm||£2.50||£4.90||£7.30||£10.70||£20.50||£26.40|
|Saturday, 9am to 7pm and Sunday, 10am to 5pm||£2.80||£5.40||£8||£12.40||£21.70||£27.40|
|Saturday, 11am to 7pm and Sunday, 11am to 5pm – Peak-time tariff (see note below)||£3.30||£6.40||£9.50||£14.40||£24.20||£30.40|
|Evenings and overnight||£1.20 per hour|
- We operate separate daytime and evening tariffs. If your stay includes both daytime and evening or overnight charges, you must add them together.
- You’ll be charged according to our peak-time tariff if you enter the car park:
- Weekdays between 8 and 10am
- Weekends between 11am and 1pm
The peak time tariff adds an extra 50p per hour for every hour (or part hour) of your stay until the end of daytime charging. Our normal tariff applies if you enter the car park outside of these peak times.
- If your stay includes more than one day, keep your entry ticket. The pay machine will calculate the full price when you leave.
- Height limit 1.98 metres (6 feet, 6 inches)
- Borrow a scooter from Shopmobility or a pushchair
- 953 car spaces including:
- You can't reserve a space in advance
- Motorcycles are not allowed in this car park
- Coaches are not allowed in this car park – use Madingley Road park and ride
Questions about our car parks or parking
Get answers to questions about parking in our car parks. The page also answers questions about the Park and Ride sites and where to park larger vehicles.
Accessible rest room
A Changing Places toilet and accessible rest room is available in the Grand Arcade office. It contains a toilet, shower, hoist and changing bed.
Keys are available from:
- Monday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm from the Grand Arcade office
- Monday to Saturday, 8am to 8pm from the car park's customer service office
- Sunday, 10am to 5pm from the car park's customer service office