Grand Arcade car park
Reduced capacity throughout the summer- Parts of this car park will be closed at times between 15 May and 24 September, to allow essential improvements to be made. Find out more about our multi-storey car park improvements.
Temporary relocation of parent and child parking - Parent and child parking bays are now located on level 4 of the upper car park at the south end. These bays are a standard size and will revert to wider bays when the works to level 2 is completed.
Temporary relocation of Blue Badge parking bays - Blue Badge parking bays will move to the lower car park for four weeks from Monday 10 July 2017. There will be no Blue Badge parking in the upper car park whilst the work to level 2 is undertaken. Please follow the directional signage which will direct you to the correct parking area.
Early morning closures Monday to Friday at Grand Arcade car park- The upper car park will be closed from 5am to 10am every day between Monday and Friday and from 5am to 9am on Saturdays from 1 July to 23 September 2017 to allow for essential works to take place. All traffic will be directed to the lower annex car park during these times.
Tennis Court Road closure dates- (main approach road to Grand Arcade car park from southern side of city) This road is closed at various times between 26 June and 2 October 2017 https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/updates/2017/06/20/tennis-court-road-road-c...
Corn Exchange Street, Cambridge CB2 3QF
Located in heart of city centre. Nearest car park to Market Square, the main shopping area, the Universities and the riverside.
- Find it on our car parks map (or get directions from Google)
- Open Monday to Sunday, 24 hours
- Short stay pay on foot car park - take your ticket with you and pay at a machine before you return to your car
|Length of stay||Monday and Tuesday, 7am to 5pm||Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 7am to 5pm||Saturday, 9am to 5pm and Sunday, 10am to 5pm||Evenings and overnight, from 5pm|
|Up to 1 hour||£2||£2.30||£2.60||£1.20|
|Up to 2 hours||£4||£4.60||£5.10||£2.40|
|Up to 3 hours||£6||£6.90||£7.60||£3.60|
|Up to 4 hours||£8.70||£10.20||£11.70||£4.80|
|Up to 5 hours||£19.50||£19.50||£20.50||£6|
|Over 5 hours||£25||£25||£26||£1.20 per hour|
We operate separate daytime and evening tariffs. If your stay includes both daytime and evening/overnight charges you must add them together.
If your stay includes more than one day, keep your entry ticket; the pay machine will calculate the full price when you leave.
- Cash and cards accepted at pay machines
- Pre-pay when you park to avoid the queue later- available from 5pm
- First 3 hours free for Blue Badge holders
- Height restriction 1.98 metres (6 feet 6 inches)
- Borrow a scooter from Shopmobility or a pushchair
- 953 car spaces including:
- 35 Blue Badge bays (located on: level 2 upper car park and level -1 lower car park
- 12 parent-and-child bays (located on level two of upper car park)
- Cycle parking for 200 bikes (in separate cycle park next door to car park)
- You can't reserve/pre-book a space in advance.
- Motorcycles are not allowed in this car park; available parking in the following locations:
- Boltoph Lane
- Chesterton Road
- Fitzroy Lane
- Free School Lane
- King Street
- Lensfield Road
- Occupation Road
- Park Terrace
- Silver Street
- Trumpington Street
- Coaches are not allowed in this car park, visit the Cambridgeshire County Council website for details about parking at Madingley Road Park and Ride site
- Park Mark status awarded
Got a question about our car parks or parking?
Get answers to questions about parking in our car parks, as well as the Park and Ride sites and where to park larger vehicles such as coaches or minibuses.
Accessible rest room
A Changing Places toilet and accessible rest room is available in the Grand Arcade office. It contains a toilet, shower, hoist and changing bed.
The room key is available from the office on Monday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm, and from the car park customer services office on Monday to Saturday, 8am to 8pm, and 10am to 5pm on Sundays.