Securing income is really important to getting your arts and cultural events or activities off the ground, whether it’s through sponsorship, donations, grants or trusts – here is an overview of where you can get information about local, regional or national funding opportunities.
Local and regional
- Community grants
- Cycling and walking promotion grants
- Developer contributions (Section 106)
- Sustainable city funding
- Area committee funding
Cambridge Community Foundation
Cambridgeshire County Council
Other local funds
For the most up-to-date information on local or regional sources of arts funding, visit the Cambridge Arts Network (CAN) website.
Arts Council England has a variety of funding opportunities for both individual practitioners and organisations. They have also produced a list of other sources of funding for the arts in the UK; this may be a useful resource for those activities that ACE can't provide grants for and includes information on:
- National Lottery distributors
- Useful organisations
- Trusts and foundations
- Funding for education and training
- Business funding
- Overseas funding
- Film Funding
- Fundraising resources
- Directories and databases
- Useful websites
Local arts directories and resources
Start Now – a community arts and events toolkit
Start Now is a guide for putting on community arts and events. It has information on setting your budget, grants and trusts, sponsorship and corporate donations, crowdfunding and further funding information.
It also has information on marketing, social media, licensing, safeguarding, event planning, legal requirements, health and safety, volunteering and lots more. It includes event ideas and case studies from Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and a section for relevant contacts for enquiries.
Other arts resources and directories
- Visit Cambridge what's on guide – Includes a free online what's on listings service including arts events taking place in Cambridge.
- Cambridgeshire.net – A community database with over 4,500 voluntary organisations, clubs, societies, courses, events, activities and public services in Cambridgeshire.
- We're All Neighbours – Listing local events taking place in Cambridge.
- Cambridgeshire Music Hub – Find out about music, gigs, learning, bands, funding and anything else music related.
Local arts networks
- Cambridge Creative Network – Brings together many of the creative individuals and groups that work within the Cambridge area to promote their businesses through networking and advertising to the general public
- Cambridge Arts Network – A forum of over 1,100 people interested in arts and culture, including professional artists and arts organisations working in Cambridge and the surrounding area. A free online network and resource where members can network, showcase their work and share information on their latest news, projects or events
Regional and national arts directories and resources
- Voluntary Arts Network – Promoting participation in the arts and crafts across the UK and Republic of Ireland. It produces an email newsletter with a range of training, funding and management advice
- Arts Council England: South East – The national development agency for the arts in England, working to get great art to everyone by championing, developing and investing in artistic experiences.
- Find out more about our role for arts and culture