Securing income is really important to getting your arts and cultural events or activities off the ground, whether it’s through sponsorship, donations, grants or trusts – here is an overview of where you can get information about local, regional or national funding opportunities.
Local and regional
- Community grants
- Cycling and walking promotion grants
- Developer contributions (Section 106)
- Sustainable city funding
- Area committee funding
Cambridge Community Foundation
Other local funds
- People’s Health Trust: Active communities
For the most up-to-date information on local or regional sources of arts funding, visit the Cambridge Arts Network (CAN) website.
Arts Council England has a variety of funding opportunities for both individual practitioners and organisations. They have also produced a list of other sources of funding for the arts in the UK; this may be a useful resource for those activities that ACE can't provide grants for and includes information on:
- National Lottery distributors
- Useful organisations
- Trusts and foundations
- Funding for education and training
- Business funding
- Overseas funding
- Film Funding
- Fundraising resources
- Directories and databases
- Useful websites
Local arts directories and resources
Other arts resources and directories
- We're All Neighbours – Listing local events taking place in Cambridge.
- Cambridgeshire Music Hub – Find out about music, gigs, learning, bands, funding and anything else music related.
Local arts networks
- Cambridge Creative Network – Brings together many of the creative individuals and groups that work within the Cambridge area to promote their businesses through networking and advertising to the public
- Cambridge Arts Network – A forum of over 1,100 people interested in arts and culture, including professional artists and arts organisations working in Cambridge and the surrounding area. A free online network and resource where members can network, showcase their work and share information on their latest news, projects or events
Regional and national arts directories and resources
- Voluntary Arts Network – Promoting participation in the arts and crafts across the UK and Republic of Ireland. It produces an email newsletter with a range of training, funding and management advice
- Arts Council England: South East – The national development agency for the arts in England, working to get great art to everyone by championing, developing and investing in artistic experiences.
- Find out more about our role for arts and culture