Sustainable City Grants are available every year to help local voluntary and community groups to run environmental projects in Cambridge.
We are seeking expressions of interest for projects that will take place between April 2020 and March 2021. The deadline for applications is 5pm on 1 October 2019.
Proposed projects should address the objectives outlined in our Climate Change Strategy 2016-21 [PDF, 7MB]. For example, you might aim to help local residents or businesses to reduce their carbon footprint by improving energy efficiency, increasing recycling, or using more sustainable transport methods.
Up to £10,000 is available per voluntary or community organisation. You can apply for funding for multiple projects, but the total must not exceed £10,000.
Your organisation must:
- Be a voluntary or community organisation
- Have a bank account
- Have a governing document, such as a constitution
Your project must:
- Be located in the city of Cambridge
- Be completed before 31 March 2021
- Benefit residents or SMEs in Cambridge
Your application must:
- Demonstrate how the project will enable the following to take part, or benefit, in the activities and support to be provided:
- City residents with the most need, including those on low incomes, or
- SMEs with fewer than 250 employees and less than €50m turnover or €43m balance sheet total
- Address one of the 2020 to 21 funding priorities:
- Reducing energy consumption and emissions from homes and businesses in Cambridge
- Supporting businesses to improve energy efficiency and increase waste reduction
- Reducing emissions from transport by promoting sustainable transport and encouraging behaviour change
- Reducing consumption of resources, increasing recycling and reducing waste
- Supporting residents and businesses of Cambridge to adapt to the impacts of climate change
- Achieve one or more of the following outcomes:
- Reduce energy consumption by residents and businesses, including through promoting take up of energy efficiency measures and renewable energy sources
- Improve energy efficiency and increase waste reduction in businesses
- Behaviour change towards an increase in use of sustainable transport modes (walking, cycling, car sharing etc.)
- Increase reuse and recycling, and reduce general waste produced by residents or businesses
- Increase access to sustainably produced food for residents, visitors and those who work in Cambridge
- Support vulnerable residents to respond to the potential impacts of climate change, including heatwaves, flooding and water shortages
Apply for a Sustainable City Grant
If you think your organisation meets the eligibility criteria and your project clearly meets the funding priorities and outcomes, contact us to request an application form.
Make it clear which organisation you represent, and that you require a Sustainable City Grant application form.
The deadline for applications is 1 October 2019.
If your project does not fit the criteria for a Sustainable City Grant, consider applying for one of the other grants we offer.