We have 18 free-to-use tennis courts around the city. There is no need to book them, but you do need to bring your own rackets and balls.
- If people are waiting to use the court, please limit your playing time to 45 minutes, or offer to play doubles.
- Please be considerate to neighbours and limit noise on the court, especially early in the morning or late at night.
- Please take all your litter with you when you leave the court.
- Private coaching is not allowed.
Please let us know if the courts or nets are damaged in any way.
The courts are located at:
- Barnwell Road (one court)
- Cherry Hinton Hall park – one court
- Christ’s Pieces – 4 courts
- Coleridge recreation ground – 2 courts
- Jesus Green – 6 courts, including 2 grass courts
- Lammas Land – one court
- Nightingale recreation ground – 2 courts
- Trumpington recreation ground – one court
Temporary courts for summer
The courts are free to use, and you do not need to book them. You’ll need to bring your own equipment, including your own pop-up net if you want one.
If you want to get fit and have fun for free, Parktennis is perfect for you. It’s a weekly event that includes fun tennis games and music to keep you moving. Anyone can play, whether you're young or old, a new starter or a seasoned pro – it’s fun, relaxed and easy to play.
- Saturdays, 10 to 11am onJesus Green
- Open to all ages and abilities
- Register for free on theParktennis website
Other local tennis opportunities
These are provided by external partners – there might be a cost associated with these activities.