Free-to-use tennis courts
Free-to-use courts are located around the city. There is no need to book – just take along your racket and balls and have a game! Please be aware that other people may be waiting to use the court after you.
The courts are located at:
- Barnwell Road (one court)
- Cherry Hinton Hall park (one court)
- Christ's Pieces (four courts)
- Coleridge recreation ground (two courts)
- Jesus Green (six courts, including two grass courts)
- Lammas Land (one court)
- Nightingale recreation ground (two courts)
- Trumpington recreation ground (one court)
These areas (apart from Barnwell Road) are all marked on our parks and playgrounds map.
If you want to get fit and have fun for free, Parktennis is perfect for you. It’s a weekly event that includes fun tennis games and music to keep you moving. Anyone can play, whether you're young or old, a new starter or a seasoned pro – it’s fun, relaxed and easy to play.
- Saturdays, 10 to 11am on Jesus Green
- Open to all ages and abilities
- Register for free on the Parktennis website.
Return to the Court campaign
Our ‘Return to the Court’ campaign aims to help get you back on the tennis court this summer. If you attend six or more Parktennis sessions before the end of August, you can choose to receive one of the following (subject to availability):
- One month of free tennis coaching with Cambridge Tennis Academy
- A £15 Decathlon voucher for tennis equipment
- Reduced entry fee into the Cambridge Tennis League (pay £8 instead of £18)
To qualify for this offer you must live in Cambridge, be aged 16 or over, and have not attended a Parktennis session in the six months prior to June. You’ll also need to complete a Let’s Get Moving Cambridgeshire monitoring form.
Email email@example.com to tell us you want to take part and we’ll send you further information and your Return to the Court card.