We have 18 free-to-use tennis courts around the city. There is no need to book them, but you do need to bring your own rackets and balls.
- If people are waiting to use the court, please limit your playing time to 45 minutes, or offer to play doubles.
- Please be considerate to neighbours and limit noise on the court, especially early in the morning or late at night.
- Please take all your litter with you when you leave the court.
- Private coaching is not allowed.
Please let us know if the courts or nets are damaged in any way.
The courts are located at:
- Barnwell Road – 1 court
- Cherry Hinton Hall park – 1 court
- Christ’s Pieces – 4 courts
- Coleridge recreation ground – 2 courts
- Jesus Green – 6 courts, including 2 grass courts
- Lammas Land – 1 court
- Nightingale recreation ground – 2 courts
- Trumpington Meadows – 1 court
- Trumpington recreation ground – 1 court
If you want to get fit and have fun for free, Parktennis is perfect for you. It’s a weekly event that includes fun tennis games and music to keep you moving. Anyone can play, whether you're young or old, a new starter or a seasoned pro – it’s fun, relaxed and easy to play.
- Saturdays, 10 to 11am on Jesus Green
- Open to all ages and abilities
- Register for free on the Parktennis website
Other local tennis opportunities
These are provided by external partners – there might be a cost associated with these activities.