The pool is now closed for the season.
- The pool is about 90 metres long, and it ranges from 1.2 to 2.5 metres in depth.
- There are separate male and female changing and shower facilities, with a basket room for clothes storage.
- There are grassed and paved areas for sunbathing. The pool is surrounded by mature trees that act as a windbreak.
GLL manages the complex for us.
Getting to the pool
- Several racks for cycle parking are available outside the pool, and Park Street cycle park is only a short walk away.
- Buses stop nearby on Chesterton Road and Bridge Street – Traveline provides public transport information
- There is no dedicated parking for the pool, but there are spaces with parking meters on Chesterton Road, and Park Street car park is just across Jesus Green.
The pool has disabled toilet facilities and there is a hoist to enter the pool.
- The pool is one of the few remaining examples of the lidos that were built across the country in the 1920s and 30s.
- It's the largest pool in Cambridge and one of the longest outdoor pools in the country.
Friends of Jesus Green Pool
The Friends of Jesus Green Pool group was set up to arrange social opportunities and events for patrons of the pool.
It also acts as the main consultation body and public voice for the pool.
Recent group activities include start- and end-of-season parties and an annual day trip to Dunwich every October.
Please contact the pool for more information on the group.