Jesus Green Lido is one of the few remaining examples of the lidos that were built across the country in the 1920s and 30s. It’s the largest pool in Cambridge and one of the longest outdoor pools in the country.
The pool is open from 7am to 7pm every day.
Following a recent consultation, the pool will remain open every day until 31 October, instead of closing at the end of summer. From 1 November, the pool will open for several morning and evening sessions each week.
You must book your swim in advance on the GLL website or app. You can swim for up to one hour. Social distancing rules will apply, and a one-way system will be in operation around the site. You should come ready to swim – you will only be able to access the changing rooms after your swim.
- The pool is about 90 metres long, and it ranges from 1.2 to 2.5 metres in depth.
- There are separate male and female changing and shower facilities, with a basket room for clothes storage.
- The pool has disabled toilet facilities and there is a hoist to enter the pool.
- There are grassed and paved areas for sunbathing. The pool is surrounded by mature trees that act as a windbreak.
GLL manages the pool for us.
Getting to the pool
- Several racks for cycle parking are available outside the pool, and Park Street cycle park is only a short walk away.
- Buses stop nearby on Chesterton Road and Bridge Street – Traveline provides public transport information
- There is no dedicated parking for the pool, but there are spaces with parking meters on Chesterton Road.
Friends of Jesus Green Pool
The Friends of Jesus Green Pool group was set up to arrange social opportunities and events for patrons of the pool.
It also acts as the main consultation body and public voice for the pool.
Recent group activities include start- and end-of-season parties and an annual day trip to Dunwich every October.
Please contact the pool for more information on the group.