Jesus Green is an area of open parkland with space and facilities for a range of activities and sports. You’ll find:
- public toilets with disabled facilities
- a refreshments kiosk, open all year round
- an outdoor swimming pool
- six tennis courts – four tarmac and two grass
- a table tennis table
- a play area that caters for children of all ages, based on the theme of railways.
- a barbecue area with stones for the use of portable barbecues
In the fenced-in play area, younger children can play on the ‘railway engine’. It has a mini-roundabout, ‘springy’, swings, and climbing frame. Older children can use up their energy on the net climber, group swing or slide.
The tennis courts are free to use on a first come, first served basis. If people are queuing we ask that you limit your session to 30 minutes. Between October and April, only the tarmac courts are available.
- Find out more about tennis on our parks and open spaces
On Sunday afternoons in the summer you’ll often be able to catch some live music.
- Find out more about jazz and brass in the parks
On the facing bank of Jesus Green is a thin strip of land called Jubilee Gardens. This is host to 40,000 Carlton daffodil bulbs in a ‘field of hope’ in recognition of Marie Curie Cancer Care.
The Jesus Green Association is an independent group dedicated to protecting the interests of the green.