This short-stay car park is near an independent shopping area, about a 10-minute walk from the city centre. It’s the most convenient car park to use if you’re travelling in from the north.
- Open all day, every day
- 287 spaces including 13 Blue Badge (disabled parking) bays
- 200 cycle-parking spaces on the basement level
- Free motorcycle parking on the ground floor
- Pay by cash or card before leaving, or use your contactless card to enter, leave and pay without a ticket
- Height restriction: 1.98 metres (6 feet 6 inches)
- Lifts are in operation from 8am to 8pm on Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 5pm on Sundays
- Families can borrow a pushchair
- Blue Badge holders can park for free for up to 3 hours
- Businesses can apply for season tickets
- Event organisers can reserve spaces
- The car park has been awarded Park Mark status
From the 1 August, we are introducing a special three month parking deal to support the early stages of recovery of city centre shops, the market and newly reopening food and drink businesses.
These charges will be reviewed on a monthly basis.
The daytime tariff applies during the following hours:
- Monday to Friday - 8am to 7pm
- Saturday - 9am to 7pm
- Sunday - 10am to 5pm
The evening and overnight tariff applies at all other times.
|Length of stay||Daytime tariff||Evenings and overnight|
|Per hour (or part hour of stay)||£1||80p|
- If your stay includes both daytime and evening or overnight charges, you must add them together.
- If your stay includes more than one day, keep your entry ticket. The pay machine will calculate the full price when you leave.