This short-stay car park is near an independent shopping area, about a 10-minute walk from the city centre. It’s the most convenient car park to use if you’re travelling in from the north.
- Open all day, every day
- 287 spaces including:
- Pay with cash or by card, Android Pay or Apple Pay at the payment machines before you return to your vehicle. You can also pay by card, Android Pay or Apple Pay at the car park exits
- Height restriction: 1.98 metres (6 feet 6 inches)
- Lifts are in operation from 8am to 8pm on Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 5pm on Sundays
- Families can borrow a pushchair
- Blue Badge holders can park for free for up to 3 hours
- Businesses can apply for season tickets
- Event organisers can reserve spaces
- The car park has been awarded Park Mark status
The car park will close on 4 January 2022, ready for redevelopment to begin. We expect the rebuilt car park to open in August 2024. Find out more about the Park Street car park redevelopment project.
|Day and time of entry||Up to 1 hour||Up to 2 hours||Up to 3 hours||Up to 4 hours||Up to 5 hours||Over 5 hours|
|Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm – Peak-time tariff (see note below)||£2.80||£5.00||£7.50||£12.10||£20.40||£28.30|
|Monday to Friday, 10am to 7pm||£2.30||£4.00||£6.00||£10.10||£17.90||£25.30|
|Saturday, 9am to 7pm and Sunday, 10am to 5pm||£2.50||£4.90||£6.80||£11||£19||£25.30|
|Saturday, 11am to 7pm and Sunday, 11am to 5pm – Peak-time tariff (see note below)||£3||£5.90||£8.30||£13||£21.50||£28.30|
- Evening and overnight parking is charged at 80p per hour.
- We operate separate daytime and evening tariffs. If your stay includes both daytime and evening or overnight charges, you must add them together.
- If your stay includes more than one day, keep your entry ticket. The pay machine will calculate the full price when you leave.
If you lose your ticket, we will charge you from 9am on the day you entered the car park.
We operate a peak-time parking tariff for vehicles that enter between 8 and 10am on weekdays, and 11am and 1pm at the weekends.
The tariff is designed to encourage you to use alternative methods of transport to travel into Cambridge. It also aims to encourage visiting at less busy periods of the day.
- Find out more about how we are tackling congestion.