This short-stay car park is near an independent shopping area, about a 10-minute walk from the city centre. It’s the most convenient car park to use if you’re travelling in from the north.
- Open all day, every day
- 287 spaces including 13 Blue Badge (disabled parking) bays
- 200 cycle-parking spaces on the basement level
- Free motorcycle parking on the ground floor
- Pay by cash or card before leaving, or use your contactless card to enter, leave and pay without a ticket
- Height restriction: 1.98 metres (6 feet 6 inches)
- Lifts are in operation from 8am to 8pm on Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 5pm on Sundays
- Families can borrow a pushchair
- Blue Badge holders can park for free for up to 3 hours
- Businesses can apply for season tickets
- Event organisers can reserve spaces
- The car park has been awarded Park Mark status
We have introduced a special 3-month parking deal to support the early stages of recovery of city-centre shops, the market and newly reopening food and drink businesses.
We will review these charges every month.
The daytime tariff applies during the following hours:
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 7pm
- Saturday: 9am to 7pm
- Sunday: 10am to 5pm
The evening and overnight tariff applies at all other times.
|Length of stay||Daytime tariff||Evenings and overnight|
|Per hour (or part hour of stay)||£1||80p|
- If your stay includes both daytime and evening or overnight charges, you must add them together.
- If your stay includes more than one day, keep your entry ticket. The pay machine will calculate the full price when you leave.