Grand Arcade car park is the nearest multi-storey car park to the city centre, the colleges and the riverside. It has been awarded Park Mark status.
Grand Arcade car park, Corn Exchange Street, Cambridge CB2 3QF
Grand Arcade car park
868 spaces (2% and Emptying)
- Open Monday to Sunday, 24 hours a day
- Short-stay pay-on-foot car park
- Pay by cash or card at the payment machines, including contactless payments if you ‘tap in’ instead of taking a ticket
- Blue Badge holders can park for free for up to three hours
We are trialling a peak-time parking tariff at this car park. Parking between 8 and 10am on weekdays will cost an additional 50p per hour for every hour of your stay.
This tariff is designed to encourage you to use alternative methods of transport to come into Cambridge. It also aims to encourage visiting at less busy periods of the day.
- Find out more about how we are tackling congestion
|Day and time||Up to 1 hour||Up to 2 hours||Up to 3 hours||Up to 4 hours||Up to 5 hours||Over 5 hours|
|Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm||£2.40||£4.80||£7.10||£10.50||£20.10||£25.80|
|Peak-time tariff: Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm||£2.90||£5.80||£8.60||£12.50||£22.60||£28.80|
|Saturday, 9am to 5pm and Sunday, 10am to 5pm||£2.70||£5.30||£7.80||£12.10||£21.20||£26.80|
|Evenings and overnight||£1.20 per hour|
- If you park between 8 and 10am you’ll be charged according to our peak-time tariff. Parking will cost an additional 50p per hour for every hour (or part hour) of your stay.
- We operate separate daytime and evening tariffs. If your stay includes both daytime and evening or overnight charges, you must add them together.
- If your stay includes more than one day, keep your entry ticket. The pay machine will calculate the full price when you leave.
- Height limit 1.98 metres (6 feet 6 inches)
- Borrow a scooter from Shopmobility or a pushchair
- 953 car spaces including:
- You can't reserve a space in advance
- Motorcycles are not allowed in this car park
- Coaches are not allowed in this car park – use Madingley Road park and ride
Questions about our car parks or parking
Get answers to questions about parking in our car parks. The page also answers questions about the Park and Ride sites and where to park larger vehicles.
Accessible rest room
A Changing Places toilet and accessible rest room is available in the Grand Arcade office. It contains a toilet, shower, hoist and changing bed.
Keys are available from:
- Monday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm from the Grand Arcade office
- Monday to Saturday, 8am to 8pm from the car park's customer service office
- Sunday, 10am to 5pm from the car park's customer service office