Skip To Main Content

Coronavirus: Updates and information

We are adapting our services as the situation changes. For details and to find out how to get help or volunteer to help others, visit our 'Coronavirus: Help for communities' page. Please follow the official NHS and government advice.

Get advice about housing

Our Housing Advice service provides free, confidential advice to anyone in the Cambridge City Council district. If you are threatened with homelessness, we will work with you to help prevent a housing crisis.

If you have seen the Housing Advice Service and have a Personal Housing Plan (PHP), you can log in to your plan.

The Housing Advice Service can provide advice on a wide range of housing issues, from landlord disputes to homelessness.

Please see the linked factsheets below if you fall into one of the following groups, they contain housing advice specifically tailored to your needs:

Contact us with a housing or Home-Link enquiry

The Housing Advice Service manages Cambridge's Home-Link choice based lettings system

Visit GOV.UK for advice about how to continue to live in the UK after it leaves the EU.

Housing advice drop-in service

A drop-in service is available at our customer service centre at the following times:

  • Monday: 10am to 4pm
  • Tuesday: 10am to 4pm
  • Wednesday: 1 to 4pm
  • Thursday: 10am to 4pm
  • Friday: 10am to 4pm

During busy periods we might offer to call you back within five working days if your situation is not urgent.

Housing options for older people

Are you or a relative aged over 65? Perhaps your home has become too large to manage, is in poor condition, or is too far from friends or family?

We want to encourage you to think about how your home will suit you in your older years. Considering housing options at an early stage can help you maintain independence and wellbeing in later years.

Housing Options for Older People (Hoop) provides free information, advice and support. It's free to use and can be accessed online or by telephone.

You can answer a simple questionnaire about your home and how well it suits you. Your answers will put you in touch with local housing options (sheltered housing, extra care schemes), support services and community groups that can provide practical support and advice.

Hoop can help older people find solutions for moving somewhere more suitable. This could include somewhere cheaper and easier to run, better designed or located, with more human company or extra security from crime and reassurance in case of an accident.

If you think you or one of your family members could benefit from this service, visit Housing Options for Older People for more information.

Hoop is provided by the Elderly Accommodation Counsel.

Data sharing with the MHCLG

The Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government (formerly the DCLG) wants to find out how services to help people at risk of homelessness are working. In order to do this, Cambridge City Council may share your information with them.

More details can be found in this leaflet  Sharing information with MHCLG [PDF, 0.1MB]

Contact us