Skip To Main Content

Cambridge City Council

Apply for council housing

We allocate council homes in Cambridge through the Home-Link choice-based letting scheme. You must register with Home-Link if you want to apply for council housing.

Home-Link is a partnership with other local authorities in and around Cambridgeshire. Each partner’s lettings policy is the same.

Visit the Home-Link website

Register with Home-Link

To register, complete the Home-Link application form and provide all necessary documents.

We will put you in a band according to your circumstances, to help us prioritise your bids.

If your circumstances change, you can update your details on the Home-Link website.

Bid for properties

When your account is live, you will be able to check the available properties every week and apply for up to three that you are interested in. This is known as ‘bidding’, but it does not involve money.

In most cases, we will let a property to the applicant who has been in the highest band for the longest period.

Service related queries

For questions about a service we provide, please use our contact us form