Our Climate Change Strategy shares our vision for Cambridge to be net-zero carbon by 2030.
It includes six key objectives to address the causes and consequences of climate change:
- Reducing carbon emissions from our buildings, land, vehicles and services
- Reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions from homes and buildings
- Reducing carbon emissions from transport
- Reducing consumption of resources, reducing waste, and increasing recycling
- Promoting sustainable food
- Supporting residents, businesses and our services to adapt to the impacts of climate change
Our Climate Change Strategy Action Plan [PDF, 0.6MB] explains how we plan to achieve this vision. Our Carbon Management Plan explains how we plan to reduce our own emissions to net zero.
Our objectives depend partly on the government, industry and regulators making necessary changes.