Join our subscription service to receive an email notification every time we post new content on our website. We currently offer notifications for news releases, consultations, and service updates. You can manage your own subscription and opt out at any time.
We are always keen to hear your views about the work we are doing and the services we provide. Most of our consultations are published on our website, making it easy to tell us what you think. Sign up to receive an alert whenever we publish a new consultation online.
We keep the local media up to date on a range of information about our services by way of a news (or press) release. Their intended audience is the local media, and you are likely to read about this information elsewhere, but you can sign up for alerts.
We publish updates about a service if there will be a break in that service, we have a need to change a certain element and to let you know about improvements or changes we are making.
We publicise all planned maintenance work to trees. Schedules are made available below for public comment for up to 20 working days before work is due to begin. Sign up to receive an alert whenever we publish a new tree-work schedule.
Once signed up, you will receive a notification every time we publish a consultation, news release or service update.
To subscribe, you need to:
- Read our privacy notice
- Enter your email address
- Tick what you would like to receive emails about
- Select ‘Subscribe’
- Follow the instructions to complete the sign up process
Once signed up, you will receive a notification every time we publish the content you chose.
Why are we asking for your personal information?
We require your email address (personal data) so that we can send you the notification.
We are collecting this information because you are requesting to receive emails from us through our email subscription service.
We require your email address only. We will use it to automatically send you subscription emails when a news story/consultation/service announcement is published, and we will only send you the emails that you have subscribed to. By ticking the boxes above and confirming your subscription, you agree to receive these emails and to have your email address stored in our records. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the unsubscribe option in the emails we send. You can also request that we remove your email address from our records (‘Right to Erasure below).
You have the following rights with regard to the personal data you provide to us:
- Right to Access – you have the right to access (receive a copy) of your personal data and supplementary information
- Right to Rectification – you have the right to have any inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified
- The Right to Erasure – (once consent has been withdrawn)
- Right to Restriction – You have the right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data in situations where it is inaccurate, unlawful, and no longer needed for the purposes for which is was originally collected, or if a withdrawal of consent has been made.
- Right to Data Portability – you have the right to request your personal data which you have provided to us to be supplied in a ‘structured, commonly used and machine readable format (e.g. CSV)’. You may request that this information is supplied directly to another data controller on your behalf.
We will not be automating decisions.
Sharing your information
We do not share the email address you supply to us when signing up to email notifications.
Retention of your personal information
Your information will be used to send you emails according to your subscription preferences. You can unsubscribe from this at any point by following the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the e mails we send to you.
Your email address will remain in our system in accordance with our Data Retention Policy [PDF, 0.7MB] but it will not be shared. You can request that your personal information is deleted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not routinely process any information about you outside the UK. We will not transfer your personal data outside of the EU.
Cambridge City Council is a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office.
You can find out more about how we handle your data by visiting the Councils Privacy Notice page on the web site. If you have a query regarding your rights please contact the Data Protection Officer who can be contacted by emailing email@example.com or you can write to the Council and mark your letter for the attention of the Data Protection Officer. Alternatively you can call 07864 604221 or 01954 713318.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) should you believe any part of this statement to be unlawful.