Join our subscription service to receive an email notification every time we post new content on our website.
- We publish news to keep the local media up to date on a range of information about our services by way of news (or press) releases. Their intended audience is the local media, but you can sign up for alerts for these and other news articles.
- We publish updates if there is any disruption to a service, or to tell you about any improvements or changes we are making.
- We publicise all planned maintenance work to trees. We make our tree-work schedules available for public comment for up to 20 working days before work is due to begin.
Subscribe or update your subscription
Read our privacy notice (below) then choose which content you want to receive email updates about.
Why we ask for your personal information
We require your email address (personal data) so that we can send you the notification.
We are collecting this information because you are requesting to receive emails from us through our email subscription service.
We require your email address only. We will use it to automatically send you subscription emails when a news story/consultation/service announcement is published, and we will only send you the emails that you have subscribed to. By ticking the boxes above and confirming your subscription, you agree to receive these emails and to have your email address stored in our records. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the unsubscribe option in the emails we send. You can also request that we remove your email address from our records (‘Right to Erasure below).
You have the following rights with regard to the personal data you provide to us:
- Right to Access – you have the right to access (receive a copy) of your personal data and supplementary information
- Right to Rectification – you have the right to have any inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified
- The Right to Erasure – (once consent has been withdrawn)
- Right to Restriction – You have the right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data in situations where it is inaccurate, unlawful, and no longer needed for the purposes for which it was originally collected, or if a withdrawal of consent has been made.
- Right to Data Portability – you have the right to request your personal data which you have provided to us to be supplied in a ‘structured, commonly used and machine readable format (e.g. CSV)’. You may request that this information is supplied directly to another data controller on your behalf.
We will not be automating decisions.
Sharing your personal information
We do not share the email address you supply to us when signing up to email notifications.
Retention of your personal information
Your information will be used to send you emails according to your subscription preferences. You can unsubscribe from this at any point by following the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the e mails we send to you.
Your email address will remain in our system in accordance with our Data Retention Policy [PDF, 0.7MB] but it will not be shared. You can request that your personal information is deleted by emailing email@example.com.
We do not routinely process any information about you outside the UK. We will not transfer your personal data outside of the EU.
Cambridge City Council is a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) should you believe any part of this statement to be unlawful.