Holiday activities and food programme
School-aged children who are eligible for free school meals due to a low income can access the county council’s holiday activities and food programme. The sessions will include a healthy meal and a variety of exciting activities and sports.
- Read more about the holiday activities and food programme
Sport and fitness facilities
Leisure centres and facilities across the city provide opportunities to swim, play racket sports, climb, and more.
- Check our sport and fitness facilities map to find a centre near you.
There is also a range of free sport and fitness facilities for activities including tennis, skateboarding, scootering and BMX riding, and outdoor gym equipment.
- Our free sport and fitness webpage tells you where to find the free facilities.
Activities for young people
Junior gym for ages 11 to 15
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 3 to 5pm at Abbey Leisure Complex
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, 3 to 5pm at Parkside Pools
- Free induction, then £3 per session
- You must book your first session in advance – call the Abbey Leisure Complex on 01223 213352, or Parkside Pools on 01223 446100
Cambridge United Community Trust-Premier League Kicks
Cambridge United Community Trust run Premier League Kicks sessions in several areas of the city, including Abbey, Arbury, Orchard Park and Trumpington.
They are free to attend football sessions for anyone aged 8 to 18. The sessions are used as a platform to inspire children and young people to achieve their potential and improve their wellbeing, working together to build stronger, safer and more inclusive communities.
For more information please visit Cambridge United Premier League Kicks or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free online activities
Our online fitness activities webpage has details of lots of activities. We have listed a few here that are aimed at children and young people.
- Teen Yoga: 6-week online course
- Dance: Learn a funky dance routine with this 6-video course
- Cambridge United Community Trust’s Learn at Home Resourcesintroduce you to match reports, fractions in sport, and more
- Youth Sport Trustprovides free physical education and sport teaching resources for teachers and parents
Local sport clubs
Cambridge is home to many different sport clubs. Contact us if you are interested in a particular sport but not sure what clubs are available locally, and we’ll help you to find your nearest one.