After you register to pay Council Tax, you can use our online account system to:
- check your bills and payments
- set up or change a direct debit
- tell us about any changes to your personal details
- tell us if your college or university course has been extended
- apply for a discount, or tell us if you are no longer eligible for one
- check the Council Tax banding charges for any property in Cambridge
You will need your unique online code to access your account. It’s included on your Council Tax bill.
The system often goes offline for maintenance between 8 and 8.30pm. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
Our Council Tax account privacy notice explains why the system asks for your personal information and what it will be used for.
Please note: you won't be able to view your Council Tax account details without correctly providing the following information:
- Full name – Your full first name and surname or business name must be entered.
- Online code – This is shown at the bottom of your bill. Each time we issue you with a bill the key-code changes, so check you are using the latest code.
- Contact details – Your telephone number or email address.
Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction
Visit our how to claim benefits page to find out what documentation you'll be required to submit as part of your claim and then follow the link to make your claim.