Manage your Council Tax account and check your bill

You need to register to pay Council Tax before you can create an online account.

You can use our online account system to:

  • check your bills and payments
  • set up or change a Direct Debit
  • tell us about any changes to your personal details
  • tell us if your college or university course has been extended
  • apply for a discount, or tell us if you are no longer eligible for one
  • check the Council Tax banding charges for any property in Cambridge

If you have not used this system before, you will need to set up an online account using the information found on your initial Council Tax bill or notification email.

Create or manage your Council Tax account

The system often goes offline for maintenance between 8pm and 8.30pm. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

Our Council Tax account privacy notice explains why the system asks for your personal information and what it will be used for.

Validation process

Please note: you won't be able to view your Council Tax account details without correctly providing the following information:

  • Full name – Your full first name and surname or business name must be entered.
  • Online code – This is shown at the bottom of your bill. Each time we issue you with a bill the key-code changes, so check you are using the latest code.
  • Contact details – Your telephone number or email address.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction

Visit our how to claim benefits page to find out what documentation you'll be required to submit as part of your claim and then follow the link to make your claim.

Is this page helpful?

Website feedback form
Website feedback form

For questions about a service we provide, please use our contact us form

For feedback on our new website, please use our website improvements form

Was this page helpful? (required)
Website feedback form
Tell us why (required)
Website feedback form
Tell us why (required)
Website feedback form
Prove you are a human (required)