We organise a range of events, projects and activities in your local area. Our team work in local centres, schools, on the local parks and community spaces.
As Trumpington continues to grow, we continue to support the welcoming of the new communities in Clay Farm, Trumpington Meadows and Glebe Farm. If you would like to get involved in welcoming new residents, setting up a new community activity, or to find out other ways to get involved you can contact us to discuss further.
Information for new residents
If you are new to the area, these links might be helpful as you settle in:
- Find your bin collection day
- Why Cambridge is growing
- Where Cambridge is growing
- Get involved in the new neighbourhoods
- Living in the new neighbourhoods
Community chest funding
Thanks to developer contributions, there are some funds available to help kick-start new community activities. This might be to help fund a football club, a social activity for residents, a street party or even a toddler group.
Contact us if you need support to get a project off the ground, or you have an idea but are not sure where to start.
The fund has helped 24 projects between 2013 and 2019, distributing over £5,300. It has helped establish nine new community groups and strengthen others. Funded projects include children's projects, sports clubs, celebrations and more.
Southern Fringe Community Forum
If you'd like to know more about Trumpington's growing communities, pop along to the Southern Fringe Community Forum. This regular meeting offers an opportunity to meet with the developers, planners and community projects and find out how you can be involved and shape the future of the new communities.
The next event will be held in May - date to be confirmed.
Trumpington networking lunches
Network lunches bring together local residents, community groups, charities and services who are working or running projects in the local community. They offer an opportunity to work together, share information and support each other to help improve the local community.
- Check when networking lunches are planned in Trumpington and elsewhere in Cambridge
Community facilities in Trumpington
- Trumpington Pavilion is managed and run by Trumpington Residents Association. Local classes including yoga, pilates, forever active, over 60's bingo, soft-play sessions and a child-minders group all take place at Trumpington Pavilion. Find out more on the Trumpington Residents' Association website.
- Trumpington Village Hall is managed and run by a board of local trustees. The village hall hosts bridge club, dance classes, local history talks, WI, baby sensory classes and many other hobby and exercise classes. To find out more, visit the Trumpington Village Hall Facebook page.
- Trumpington Meadows Primary School have community rooms and space and host a number of local groups including karate, Zumba and slimming world.
- Clay Farm Centre has a cafe, library, community rooms to hire, and a busy weekly series of events and activities.
- Trumpington Sport is managed by Abbey Croft leisure. The sports centre has many classes, a fitness suite, and pitches and courts to hire.
- The Centre at St Paul’s runs regular community events.
- See also: