We organise a range of events, projects and activities in your local area. Our team work in local centres, schools, on the local parks and community spaces.
As Trumpington continues to grow, we continue to support the welcoming of the new communities in Clay Farm, Trumpington Meadows and Glebe Farm. If you would like to get involved in welcoming new residents, setting up a new community activity, or to find out other ways to get involved you can contact us to discuss further.
Contact Community Development Officer Vicky Haywood at email@example.com or 01223 847433.
Read the annual reports to find out more about what we do:
Information for new residents
If you are new to the area, here are some downloads that may be helpful as you start to settle in. Welcome packs with useful contacts and information are also delivered door to door as new streets begin to be occupied.
- Find your bin collection day
- Welcome pack [PDF, 2MB]
- Why Cambridge is growing
- Where Cambridge is growing
- Get involved in the new neighbourhoods
- Living in the new neighbourhoods
Community chest funding
Thanks to developer contributions, there are some funds available to help kick-start new community activities. This might be to help fund a football club, a social activity for residents, a street party or even a toddler group. Download the application and criteria below to see if your community project may be eligible.
If you need support to get a project off the ground, or you have an idea but are not sure where to start, contact the Community Development Officer who will be able to assist.
Southern Fringe Community Forum
If you'd like to know more about Trumpington's growing communities, pop along to the Southern Fringe Community Forum. This regular meeting offers an opportunity to meet with the developers, planners and community projects and find out how you can be involved and shape the future of the new communities.
The next event will be held in March - date to be confirmed.
What's on for children
We run a number of projects in the local community for children, young people and families. We welcome children and young people from all backgrounds and abilities. You will find us running :
- Tuesdays: Top Trumps youth group open for children in school years 3-7 runs at Trumpington Pavilion term time only 3.30-5pm
- Tuesdays: 7-eleven youth group open for children in school years 7-11 runs at Trumpington Pavilion term time only 6pm-7.30pm
- Thursday afternoons: Trumpington Community Drama Group runs at Trumpington Village Hall term time only. Spaces are limited, call or email in advance as children can only join at certain points throughout the year
- Arts Award - we are currently supporting a group of young people aged 11+ to complete their Bronze Arts Award at Trumpington Community College
To find out more about our work with children and young people, please contact Kelly Smith, the Senior Project Worker firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office: 01223 847433.
Trumpington networking lunches
Network lunches bring together local residents, community groups, charities and services who are working or running projects in the local community. Network lunches take place 4 times per year and offers an opportunity to work together, share information and support one-another to help improve the local community.
- Check when networking lunches are planned for other areas in the City
Community facilities in Trumpington
- Trumpington Pavilion is managed and run by Trumpington Residents Association. Local classes including yoga, pilates, forever active, over 60's bingo, soft-play sessions and a child-minders group all take place at Trumpington Pavilion. Find out more on the Trumpington Residents' Association website.
- Trumpington Village Hall is managed and run by a board of local trustees. The village hall hosts bridge club, dance classes, local history talks, WI, baby sensory classes and many other hobby and exercise classes. To find out more and see the regular timetable please visit Trumpington Village Hall website.
- Trumpington Meadows Primary school have community rooms and space and host a number of local groups including karate, Zumba and slimming world. To find out what's on at Trumpington Meadows visit their website.
- Clay Farm Centre is due to open Spring 2018.