As a licensee you must ensure your staff are suitably trained and are aware of their responsibilities associated with the sale of alcohol.
The Level 1 Award in Responsible Alcohol Retailing (ARAR) meets an industry-wide need to demonstrate commitment to responsible alcohol retailing by covering topics that include:
- The nature of alcohol and the effect it has on the human body
- The main points of the Licensing Act 2003 as they relate to alcohol retailers and servers
- Licensing law and the protection of children from harm
- The social responsibilities associated with the retail sale of alcohol
- How to recognise drunkenness, and an individuals duty not to serve drunk customers
- How licensed premises can help to prevent or eliminate alcohol-related crime and conflict
- The importance of personal safety
This course is aimed at front-of-house staff who are involved in the sale of alcohol on a day-to-day basis. Individuals wishing to gain a deeper understanding of licensing law and the application process should consider the BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders that we also offer.
- “Tutor approaching and engaging with others”
- “The videos and practical exercises were very helpful”
- “The tutor was very kind and friendly”
- “Good, calm and friendly environment”
- “It was very easy to understand, straight to the point”
Our licensing courses are taught by enforcement officers who are responsible for the inspection of licensed premises and have achieved the Level 3 Award in Education and Teaching as well as the Institute of Licensing Professional Licensing Practitioners' Qualification.
The course is delivered in a half day session, which will cover all the information required to complete the exam. The course is followed by a short multiple-choice exam, which has two parts:
- Section one: 3 questions - pass mark 100% (3 out of 3)
- Section two: 22 questions - pass mark 64% (14 out of 22)
The ARAR is accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) at Level 1 and has a credit value of 1. The accreditation number is 500/77442.
- Monday 2 November 2020
Courses begin at 9.30am and finish at 2pm.
The cost to attend the course is £68 per person. This includes a course handbook, registration and examination fees, and refreshments.
Contact us to discuss arrangements for group bookings and discounts.
Book your ticket
We can arrange corporate bookings providing a course exclusive for businesses. These courses can take place at your premises, providing adequate facilities are available, and tailored to your training needs.
When we receive your booking, we will send you a confirmation letter and coursebook within five working days.
When booking your place, make sure you provide up-to-date contact details including a postal address where you can receive the confirmation letter.
Contact us if you experience any problems using EventBrite or would like to book in another way.
We will only use your information for the purposes of training and certification. Read our privacy notice to find out more.
We’ll share your information with the accrediting body, BIIAB, and you’ll need to share some when booking with Eventbrite. Both will handle your data in line with their privacy policies.