Before requesting a new bin, please read the privacy notice further down this page.
Bins are available in two sizes:
- Small bins: 140 litres (107×48×55cm)
- Large bins: 240 litres (107×58×74cm)
We’ll deliver new bins to you – for health and safety reasons you cannot collect them. We’ll advise you of the current estimated delivery timescale when you order.
We might be able to help you mend your bin if it has broken wheels, or a broken or missing lid.
Green garden waste bins
You can have up to four green bins. Find out more about how to pay for an extra green bin.
- Your first bin is free
- Additional small bins cost £30 each per year
- Additional large bins cost £35 each per year
Blue recycling bins
We are experiencing delays with delivery of additional blue bins. We are unable to say when they will be delivered. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
- You can order an additional blue bin
You can use a recycling box instead of a blue bin – but we will not empty both from the same property.
Black general rubbish bins
You can only order a black bin as a replacement for a lost or stolen bin, or if your new property doesn’t have one. Additional black bins are only authorised under certain circumstances.
Our customer services team will contact you to discuss your requirements and to take your payment.
- Small bins cost £25
- Large bins cost £50
- You can swap your large black bin for a small bin for free
- You can swap your small black bin for a large bin for £25
We will use the information you have supplied to process your application for a new bin. The information you provide will also be used to arrange delivery of your missed bin.
Waste collection is a (Public task) Statutory Duty as laid out in the Environmental Health Act.
You hold the following rights with regard to the personal data you provide us:
- Right to Access – You have the right to access (receive a copy) of your personal data and supplementary information.
- Right to Rectification – You have the right to have any inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified.
- Right to object to us processing your personal data where you have an objection on “grounds relating to your particular situation”.
- Right to Restriction – You have the right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data in situations where it is inaccurate, unlawful, and no longer needed for the purposes for which it was originally collected, or if a withdrawal of consent has been made.
Waste collection is delivered as a shared service with South Cambridgeshire District Council. The information you provide will be passed to the shared waste service to arrange delivery.
We only keep your information as long as necessary, for some items this will be dictated by law. You can find out more by looking at the Council's Retention Policy.
We do not routinely process any information about you outside the UK. We will not transfer your personal data outside of the EU.
Cambridge City Council is a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office.
You can find out more about how we handle your data by visiting the Council's Privacy Notice page. If you have a query regarding your rights please contact the Data Protection Officer who can be contacted by emailing email@example.com or you can write to the Council and mark your letter for the attention of the Data Protection Officer. Alternatively you can call 01223 457000.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) should you believe any part of this statement to be unlawful.