The pool will be divided into 4 lanes. You must be at least 11 years old and a competent swimmer who can swim 25m continuously.
A one-way system will be in operation around the centre for your safety. Changing rooms and showers will be available after your swim, so please come dressed ready to swim.
You must keep a distance of 2 metres from other people while inside the centre. Spectators will not be allowed.
Some lessons and clubs have restarted.
About the pools and complex
The Parkside complex has three pools, gym and fitness studio:
- an eight-lane competition-standard swimming pool 25 metres long
- a teaching and diving pool with a movable floor
- a children's leisure pool
- Parkside also has two flume rides: one single, and one suitable for two people.
- Brand new 120 station gym
- Brand new fitness studio
The pools are managed by GLL in partnership with the council.
The main pool is used by a number of clubs and competitions, so there are times when it is closed to the public.
Getting to the pools
- The pools are located next to the Kelsey Kerridge sports centre opposite Parker's Piece.
- Buses stop nearby on Mill Road and the Drummer Street bus station is a short walk away – Traveline provides public transport information
- The Queen Anne Terrace car park, which also has cycle parking spaces, is very close by.
Parkside Pools is one of the most accessible leisure buildings in Cambridge.
The building is equipped with specialist changing and shower facilities. It also has specialist mobile and fixed hoist arrangements, along with hydraulically operated benches, to assist with transition from the toilets and showering facilities to the changing rooms.
Access to the main pool and diving pool is assisted by the provision of a manual hoist and sling. For hygiene reasons, please bring your own sling when you visit if possible.
Alternatively, access to the water can be made via wet chairs and other hoisting arrangements.
A thriving disabled swimming club exists at the pool, and there are swimming and health suite sessions for the over 50s.