The Council has a clear vision to lead a united city, ‘One Cambridge - Fair for All’, in which economic dynamism and prosperity are combined with social justice and equality.
It’s a vision we will share and develop, working with our citizens and partner organisations.
Our corporate plan sets out our four key priorities for the city from 2022 to 2027.
‘One Cambridge – Fair for All’
- A city which believes that the clearest measure of progress is the dignity and well-being of its least well-off residents, which prioritises tackling poverty and social exclusion, recognising that greater social and economic equality are the most important pre-conditions for the city’s success.
- An international city which celebrates its diversity and actively tackles discrimination on age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
- A city in which all citizens feel that they are listened to and have the opportunity to influence public decision making, and which values, supports and responds to individual and community initiatives.
- A city where all citizens and organisations appreciate their duties as well as their rights, where people are free to enjoy themselves but also show consideration for others, and where the community works together to reduce harm and nuisance including by education and, where needed, robust enforcement of the law.
- A city where ‘town’ and ‘gown’ combine, and where mutual understanding and partnerships are developed through joint working, community initiatives and volunteering.
Cambridge - a great place to live, learn and work
- A city which strives to ensure that all local households can secure a suitable, affordable local home, close to jobs and neighbourhood facilities.
- A city which draws inspiration from its unique qualities and environment and its iconic historic centre, and retains its sense of place across the city through positive planning, generous urban open spaces and well-designed buildings, and by providing quality council services.
- An entrepreneurial city with a thriving local economy, in which businesses are assisted to build on their global and national pre-eminence in learning, discovery and production, and develop a full range of local employment and skills development, while also recognising and delivering on their social responsibilities.
- A city where getting around is primarily by public transport, bike and on foot.
Cambridge - caring for the planet
A city that takes robust action to tackle the local and global threat of climate change, both internally and in partnership with local organisations and residents, and to minimise its environmental impact by cutting carbon, waste and pollution.