Skip To Main Content

Cambridge City Council

Cost of living support - grants, vouchers and advice to help you manage the rising cost of living.

Living in a sublet leasehold property

Your property is owned and maintained by your landlord, who is responsible for any repairs inside your home.

You can only use your property to live in. You must not run a business from it, or sublet all or part of it to lodgers or as a holiday home.

We are the freeholder of your property. As such, we are responsible for its structure, including the roof and gutters, and any communal areas. 

Your home was previously owned by us and will have been sold through the Right to Buy scheme. Some or all of your neighbours may still be council tenants.