We provide volunteering opportunities to businesses and organisations in Cambridge that are looking for a way to make a difference to their environment, give back to their community, and have fun!
Volunteering with us could be part of a team away day, or contribute to your corporate social responsibility programme. Or, it might simply be the chance to spend a few hours in the fresh air, away from the usual workplace.
We are committed to achieving a cleaner and greener city by working with our businesses and organisations, so encourage and support your involvement.
Find out more below, including how it works and the types of opportunities we offer. You can then get in touch using our online form, and a member of the team will get back to you within 3 working days.
- Group Litter Pick: Litter pick one of our open green spaces or an area within the city
- Green projects: Help improve an area which has been neglected and needs some attention
- Nature conservation: Get involved with our local nature reserves and conservation management projects
- Leaf removal: In the autumn and winter help make areas more accessible by removing leaves
- Benches: Help to renovate old benches by cleaning, sanding and staining them
- Park railing redecoration: Help to clean down and paint park railings across the city
- Graffiti removal: Help to remove low level graffiti from across the city
- Create an opportunity: If you have an idea for a volunteer event we can work with you to create an opportunity for your business or organisation
What to expect
Our range of activities can be adapted to the abilities and interests of your colleagues, ensuring there are tasks for everyone.
Outdoor seasonal tasks include digging, weeding, planting, strimming, mending fences, cutting back foliage, painting, and watering. There is always a mixture or harder and more gentle tasks, and we make it fun too!
If you prefer, we can work with you to develop a volunteer opportunity that is unique for your organisation.
All necessary tools and materials will be provided and no previous experience is required.
Typically our full days run from 10am to 4pm, but we can be flexible according to your needs.
Alternatively, we can organise half day volunteering for 3 hours, either in the morning or afternoon depending what suits you.
You can choose to volunteer with us for a single session, or for multiple sessions.
Health and safety
We take care of the risk assessments and provide everyone with a safety briefing before the day starts. If protective clothing or equipment is required, this will be made available.
At least one member of the community engagement team will be with you at all times to provide guidance and advice, so you can rest assured you will all be well looked after.