Gonville Place, Cambridge CB1 1LY (get directions from Google)
Tel: 01223 446100
Swimming timetable and prices
- Download the Parkside pool swimming timetable 2016 [PDF, 131kB].
General Swim Prices
|Non Member||Pay & Play Member||Pay & Play Student||Pay & Play Concession|
|Super Sunday Sessions Adult||£6.00||£4.50||£4.50||£3.00|
|Super Sunday Sessions Junior||£3.50||£1.55||N/A||£1.75|
For more information on discounted member rates click here
About the pool and complex
The Parkside complex has three pools, gym and fitness studio:
- an eight-lane competition-standard swimming pool 25 metres long
- a teaching and diving pool with a movable floor
- a children's leisure pool
- Parkside also has two flume rides: one single, and one suitable for two people.
- Brand new 120 station gym
- Brand new fitness studio
The pools are managed by GLL in partnership with the council.
The main pool is used by a number of clubs and competitions, so there are times when it is closed to the public.
Updates and closures
We occasionally need to close some of our parking areas. Whenever we do so, we will post information as early as possible in the 'service announcements' area below, as well as our Twitter and Facebook pages.
Getting to the pools
- The pools are located next to the Kelsey Kerridge sports centre opposite Parker's Piece.
- Buses stop nearby on Mill Road and the Drummer Street bus station is a short walk away.
- The county council provides bus timetable information, or you can plan your journey to the pool with Transport Direct.
- The Queen Anne Terrace car park, which also has cycle parking spaces, is very close by.
During public-swimming sessions. Must be accompanied at all times by a person over 17 years of age. Please notify receptionist
BETTER Card holders aged 17 or under
Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays, 4-6pm. BETTER leisure upgrade subscription required (available from Abbey Pools, Parkside Pools)
For more information about free swiming times, offers and initiatives go to Swimming Initiatives, offers and admission policy
Parkside Pool is one of the most accessible leisure buildings in Cambridge.
The building is equipped with specialist changing and shower facilities. It also has specialist mobile and fixed hoist arrangements, along with hydraulically operated benches, to assist with transition from the toilets and showering facilities to the changing rooms.
Access to the main pool and diving pool is assisted by the provision of a manual hoist and sling. For hygiene reasons, please bring your own sling when you visit if possible.
Alternatively, access to the water can be made via wet chairs and other hoisting arrangements.
A thriving disabled swimming club exists at the pool, and there are swimming and health suite sessions for the over 50s.
In a special David Urwin Awards competition in 2001, the Parkside Pools building was voted Building of the Century.