Our Neighbourhood Community Development team organises a range of projects, events and activities across the city. These are often run in partnership with other organisations or community groups.
Information for new residents
If you are new to the area, these links might help you start to settle in:
- Why Cambridge is growing
- Where Cambridge is growing
- Get involved in the new neighbourhoods
- Living in the new neighbourhoods
North West and West community forum
If you’d like to know more about how your local new neighbourhoods are growing, come to a North West and West community forum.
You’ll find out more about the developments, and have a chance to meet the developers and planners.
- Check the Church at Castle and Castle Street Methodist Church websites for details of regular events and activities organised by the local community.
- The Cambridgeshire Older People's Enterprise forum (Cope) runs events and meetings for over-50s from St Luke's Community Centre.
- Storey’s Field Community Centre offers community activities, fitness classes and gigs - check the website for more information.
Sample activities include:
- Wednesdays, 10am to midday: Coffee morning at Castle Street Methodist Church
- Wednesdays, midday to 1.15pm: Strength and balance class at Castle Street Methodist Church
- Thursdays, 10am to midday: Tots group at Castle Street Methodist Church
- First Sunday of month, 12.45 to 2pm: Community lunch club at St Augustine's Church