We're looking for people to become volunteer recycling champions and help others to recycle more and waste less.
As a recycling champion you will be part of a team of over 100 volunteers aiming to reduce the amount of household rubbish that's thrown away.
You don’t need any particular experience or specialist knowledge to become a champion: if you believe that recycling is important and are willing to convey your enthusiasm about helping the environment to others, we would like to speak to you.
Contact us if you’re interested in becoming a community recycling champion, or would like more information.
If you spend one hour helping your community, you can earn one time credit. Time credits can be exchanged for a variety of things, from exercise classes to cinema and theatre tickets. Volunteer your time and earn time credits.
There are all sorts of different activities to get involved in and how much time you give is completely up to you.
You might get involved in:
- helping out at local events
- distributing leaflets to local residents
- acting as a focal point in your community for recycling issues
- talking to local groups about recycling
- displaying posters on local notice boards
- Monthly meeting – come and chat about recycling with us on the second Wednesday of each month at Ross Street Community Centre from 11am to 1pm
- Recycling Champions newsletter: November 2019 [PDF, 59Kb]
- Recycling Champions newsletter: August 2019 [PDF, 0.6MB]
- Recycling Champions newsletter: April 2019 [PDF, 0.6MB]
- Recycling Champions newsletter: December 2018 [PDF, 1MB]
- Recycling Champions newsletter: April 2018 [PDF, 1MB]
- Recycling Champions newsletter: December 2017 [PDF, 0.5MB]
- Recycling Champions newsletter: August 2017 [PDF, 1.5MB]