Become a recycling champion
We're looking for people to become volunteer recycling champions and help others to recycle more and waste less.
As a recycling champion you will be part of a team of over 100 volunteers aiming to reduce the amount of household rubbish that's thrown away.
You don’t need any particular experience or specialist knowledge to become a champion: if you believe that recycling is important and are willing to convey your enthusiasm about helping the environment to others, we would like to speak to you.
Contact us if you’re interested in becoming a community recycling champion, or would like more information.
If you spend one hour helping your community, you can earn one time credit. Time credits can be exchanged for a variety of things, from exercise classes to cinema and theatre tickets. Volunteer your time and earn time credits.
There are all sorts of different activities to get involved in and how much time you give is completely up to you.
You might get involved in:
- helping out at local events
- distributing leaflets to local residents
- acting as a focal point in your community for recycling issues
- talking to local groups about recycling
- displaying posters on local notice boards
Visit Transition Cambridge for information about events that recycling champions have recently been involved in. You can also follow Recycle for Greater Cambridge on Facebook to see find photos and information.
Monthly meeting of local groups – why not come along and chat about recycling with us?
- Second Thursday of the month – 10.30am at Arbury Community Centre
- Last Wednesday of the month – 7.30pm at Cherry Hinton Village Centre
- In January Recycling Champions gave out home composting advice and kitchen caddies at the skill-share event at Rock Road library
- In February we had a stand at the first Volunteer Cambridge Fair and recruited some new volunteers
- In March we were at Mill Road Feast talking to people about how to make the most of their food and waste less