Our Visiting Support service (formerly the 65+ scheme) is available for all Cambridge residents aged over 65, irrespective of what property they live in. The aim is to connect older people with services that help them remain independent and socially active, while making sure you have access to the care and support you need.
To request support, please fill in the below online form.
We will run through a checklist with you before any face-to-face visits, to ensure you are not displaying any coronavirus symptoms.
As part of the service, our experienced staff can:
- assess your support needs, emphasising choice and independence
- arrange help with personal care, meals and medication
- provide advice on housing
- help you access personal alarms, disability aids and welfare benefits
They can also link you up with:
- suitable support networks and social events
- help to prevent falls or help on coming out of hospital
- support for carers and family members
The service helps connect older people with services that help them remain independent and socially active, and ensure they are accessing the physical help they need.
It's never too soon to consider how your home will suit you in your older years. If you're keen to maintain your independence and wellbeing in later years, get advice about housing, including housing options for older people.
Support for families and carers
There is an abundance of information, advice and assistance available to older people, families and carers, both locally and nationally. We have put together some links to articles and other websites which might be useful.
In some cases we may suggest that living in sheltered housing would be more appropriate for you, or you may already feel that is the case. We provide convenient and comfortable accommodation for people over 60 in 13 sheltered housing schemes around the city:
- Find out more about sheltered housing