Cambridge is growing so it can continue to thrive with new homes and new jobs.
There are plans for 14,000 new homes in the city between 2011 and 2031. Over 2,700 new homes are already occupied on the city's southern fringe alone.
The focus is on:
- helping to meet housing needs, including the need for affordable housing
- improving infrastructure and making it easier to travel in and around the city
- creating well-designed, sustainable new neighbourhoods with lots of open spaces
- developing strong new communities as integral parts of Cambridge
- keeping Cambridge’s special character and high quality of life