Travel more sustainably
One of the largest contributors to our individual carbon footprints is transport. We all need to get from A to B as we go about our daily lives, but our choice of transport can mean a larger or smaller impact on our environment. There are often alternative means of transport that are more sustainable.
Walking and cycling:
Walk more - find routes by visiting www.walkit.com.
Get cycling to work or school, to pop to the shops or for a bit of exercise - visit Cycling UK.
Encourage your employer to join Travel 4 Cambridgeshire, which can assist organisations to develop sustainable travel plans and arrange cycle training for staff.
- Consider an electric vehicle.
- Follow these fuel efficient driving tips to save on fuel and reduce your emissions.
Our 'Greening your home' brooklet will provide you with the information you need to make your home and lifestyle greener.
- Greening your home [PDF, 1.9MB]
- Pick up a copy from the Customer Service Centre at Mandela House, 4 Regent Street, Cambridge.
- Chapter 5: Using sustainable transport [PDF, 221kB]