One of the largest contributors to our individual carbon footprints is transport. We all need to get from A to B as we go about our daily lives, but our choice of transport can mean a larger or smaller impact on our environment. There are often alternative means of transport that are more sustainable.
Our ‘Greening your home’ booklet gives you with the information you need to make your home and lifestyle greener.
- Greening your home [PDF, 2MB]
- Pick up a copy from the Customer Service Centre at Mandela House, 4 Regent Street, Cambridge.
- Chapter 5: Using sustainable transport [PDF, 0.2MB]
Walking and cycling
- Walk more - find routes by visitingwww.walkit.com
- Get cycling to work or school, to pop to the shops or for a bit of exercise - visitCycling UK
- Find outhow to cycle and walk moreincluding using theCambridge cycling map [PDF, 19MB]to find the best routes
- Encourage your employer to joinTravel for Cambridgeshire, which can assist organisations to develop sustainable travel plans and arrange cycle training for staff