Tell us about changes in your circumstances

If you get Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction (including second adult rebate) you must tell us about changes in your circumstances that may affect the amount of benefit you get.


  • Change of address
  • Change in earnings for any adult in the household
  • Changes in other income received by anyone in your household
  • (including other benefits, Tax Credits, Pensions, child maintenance payments etc)
  • Changes in savings and investments for any adult in the household
  • Changes in the number of people living with you

This list is not a full list - if in doubt, tell us anyway.

Tell us about changes now

Please be aware that the system will be down from 6.30 to 8pm for system maintenance. Please ensure you complete your notification by this point, or save it and return to it after 8pm.

If you do not complete and submit your notification within 14 days of starting, it will automatically be deleted and you will have to re-start the process.

Alternatively you can download:

Please include contact details (email address or telephone number) in case we need further information or evidence of the changes.

If you delay telling us about changes, you may not get what you're entitled to. Or you may get too much (over-payment) and would have to pay it back - or even have your benefit stopped. You could even face criminal charges for fraud.

Contact us

Leave feedback