Fiona is responsible for a comprehensive range of support services to the council. These include human resources, finance, internal audit and procurement and commissioning. They also include management of our commercial services, such as parking, bereavement services and our property portfolio.
Fiona also has oversight of our ICT and legal services. These are shared between ourselves, Huntingdonshire District Council and South Cambridgeshire District Council, under the banner of 3C Shared Services.
Head of Commercial Services: James Elms
Commercial Services manages Cambridge's cemeteries and the crematorium on Huntingdon Road. It provides sensitive services to meet the needs of bereaved families, including physical memorials, memorial gardens, buildings and cemeteries. It works closely with all stakeholders in the funeral service to ensure dignified and meaningful service.
The service manages and maintains all of our public off-street car parking and the Shopmobility services at the Grand Arcade and Grafton shopping centres. This includes five multi-storey car parks and four surface car parks in the city centre, and a small number of free car parks.
The service manages a contract with Cambridgeshire County Council for the enforcement of off-street parking regulations.
Head of Finance: Caroline Ryba
Accountancy and Support provides a wide range of financial and other support services to the council, including:
- payroll services
- supplier and creditor payments
- billing and collection of sundry debts
- risk management advice and insurance arrangements
- financial advice and support to service managers and members together with corporate accounting services including banking, investments and statutory financial reporting
- Internal Audit
Head of Human Resources: Deborah Simpson
Recruitment, learning and development, advice to managers on employment law and the City Council's human resources policies.
3C Shared ICT Services
Our ICT service is provided by 3C Shared Services.
Head of ICT: Sam Smith
3C Shared Legal Services
Our shared legal service is provided by 3C Shared Services.
Head of Legal Practice: Tom Lewis
Examples of the services provided:
- drafting contracts for the council
- recovering debts owed to the council
- preparing planning agreements for new developments in the city
- prosecuting for breaches of the law, including antisocial behaviour, noise nuisance and breach of licensing laws
Head of Property Services: Dave Prinsep
Property Services is responsible for managing our commercial property portfolio and providing professional surveying advice.