We rent out garages and parking spaces across the city.
The approximate internal dimensions of our garages are 4.9m long by 2.33m wide. The door is 2.14m wide. These measurements were taken from garages in Newtown.
For larger vehicles, parking spaces are often a better option. They can be secured with a drop-down bollard and padlock.
You can choose up to three preferred locations when you apply. Some areas are more popular than others, so you might be added to a waiting list.
Check the map and list further down this page to see what garages and parking spaces we have near you. The map and list do not indicate availability.
The cost of renting a garage is:
- Council tenants: £9.37 per week for vehicle storage (VAT-free), or £11.24 per week for general storage
- Cambridge residents: £11.24 per week
- Non-residents or businesses: £16.79 per week
The cost of renting a parking space is:
- Council tenants: £7.28 per week
- Cambridge residents: £8.74 per week
- Non-residents or businesses: £14.28 per week
Garages and parking spaces in high-demand areas cost more:
- Council tenants: £17.88 per week
- Cambridge residents: £21.46 per week
- Non-residents or businesses: £27 per week
All prices include VAT unless stated otherwise.
Terms and conditions
If we offer you a garage or parking space, you must sign a tenancy agreement. You must also pay four weeks rent in advance plus a £50 deposit, and set up a direct debit for future rent payments.
You are responsible for your garage or parking space – this includes replacing any lost keys and reporting any damage that needs to be repaired. We will charge you for the repair cost of any damage caused as a result of misuse of the garage or parking space.
You can use your garage to store a vehicle, or to store bicycles and personal household or garden items. We do not accept liability for items damaged while stored in a garage.
Ending your tenancy agreement
To end your tenancy, you must return all keys to our City Homes office on Arbury Road.
Your garage or parking space must be clean and clear of all items – we will inspect it before refunding your deposit. If any items are left in the garage you will be charged for their removal and disposal.
If you break any part of the agreement, such as by failing to pay your rent, we’ll serve you with a ‘notice to quit’. This allows us to take possession of the garage or parking space. You will be charged the cost of gaining entry, clearance and replacing the lock.
Other grounds for terminating your agreement include complaints of noise or nuisance caused by you or your visitors at your garage or parking space, or using it for business purposes.
Garages and parking spaces
The map and list show all of our garages and parking spaces – they do not indicate availability.
- Blue markers: Garages and parking spaces
- Red markers: Garages and parking spaces in high-value areas
- Albemarle Way: 10
- Anstey Way: 6
- Arbury Court: 17 in 2 locations
- Ashbury Close: 23
- Ashcroft Court: 10
- Atkins Close: 15
- Barnes Close: 24
- Bermuda Road: 8 in a high-value area
- Bermuda Terrace: 25 in a high-value area
- Borrowdale: 10
- Britten Place: 4
- Carlton Terrace: 7
- Carlton Way: 8
- Cherry Hinton High Street: 8
- Crowland Way: 123 in 5 locations
- Davy Road: 32
- Dennis Road: 1
- Ditchburn Place: 12
- Dobson Way: 5
- Dundee Close: 7
- Dunsmore: 41
- Earl Street: 2 in a high-value area
- East Road: 111 in a high-value area
- Fanshawe Road: 39
- Ferrars Way: 12
- Flamsteed Road: 4
- Golding Road: 15
- Green Park: 50 in 2 locations
- Greystoke Court: 7
- Gunhild Court: 37
- Hall Farm Road: 12
- Harris Road: 12
- Hawkins Road: 45 in 2 locations
- Hawthorn Way: 20
- Hazelwood Close: 18 in 3 locations
- Headford Close: 2
- Highdene Road: 4
- Hooper Street: 8 in a high-value area
- Howard Road: 6
- Humphreys Road: 27 in 2 locations
- Huntingdon Road: 2 in a high-value area
- Jermyn Close: 12
- Kingsway: 70 in 2 locations
- Langdale Close: 8
- Larkin Close: 31
- Lichfield Road: 20
- Molewood Close: 14 in 2 locations
- Monkswell: 8
- Newtown: 124 in a high-value area
- Nicholson Way: 14
- Northfields Avenue: 17
- Paget Road: 34
- Panton Street: 4 in a high-value area
- Riverside: 8 in a high-value area
- Rutland Close: 12
- Sackville Close: 10
- Seymour Street: 32
- Somerset Close: 8
- Spencer House: 8 in a high-value area
- St Kilda Avenue: 13
- St Matthews Street: 38 in a high-value area
- St Thomas’s Road: 58
- Staffordshire Street: 15 in a high-value area
- Teversham Drift: 43
- Thorleye Road: 1
- Tillyard Way: 10
- Tom Amey Court: 9
- Trevone Place: 4
- Wadloes Road: 30
- Walker Court: 6
- Walpole Road: 4
- Wavell Way: 4
- Welstead Road: 25
- Woburn Close: 10
- Woodhouse Way: 10
- Wulfstan Court: 3
- Wycliffe Road: 18
- Barnes Close: 2
- Bermuda Road: 4 in a high-value area
- East Road: 6 in a high-value area
- Newtown: 2 in a high-value area
- St Matthews Street: 12 in a high-value area